Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict value of authorization object for Transaction in SU24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if I can define authorization Objects for Transaction with fixed unchangeable Values.

Eg

- I created a transation

- I added authorization objects to it using SU24

- S_TCODE is fix (ofcourse) but all other added objects are freely definable in PFCG

Any chance to restrict/predefine that or to make it display only?

Thanks

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible.

If you want a transaction to be uneditable (i.e. no-one can change it regardless of role contents) then that should be managed by the transaction logic itself. If your ABAP code doesn't allow changes then within reason that data will be not available for end users to change.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible.

If you want a transaction to be uneditable (i.e. no-one can change it regardless of role contents) then that should be managed by the transaction logic itself. If your ABAP code doesn't allow changes then within reason that data will be not available for end users to change.

0 Kudos

Well, I have a parameterized transaction (SE93) to call table (eg MARA) with SE16. Now I need to grant the S_TAB_DIS object and would like to to declare the table group (in this MG) fix, so nobody can use this Transaction in PFCG to define other values than MG.

It might be overkill ...

Kind regards

Torsten

0 Kudos

Reconsider the "core" transaction (se16).

0 Kudos

What do you mean? I use SE16 in my custom transaction to call the appropriate table. But I want to make sure that people with eg Transaction ZTable_MARA get only the Authorization value MG (unchangeable) for the Table Group object.

Thanks

Torsten

0 Kudos

Create a view and use SM30 to call it. In the authority check options of the view, "hard code" the s_tcode check to make it a custom view.

SAP recently did the same with SCC4. Take a look in the notes for the coding examples.

Some SAP views are "hand made" as well. External user ID mapping for SNC is a fine example.

SE16 is "dead". I dont recommend using it for any standard procedures.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 14, 2010 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> - S_TCODE is fix (ofcourse) but all other added objects are freely definable in PFCG

No.

Appplication object class checks for HR and "basis" are also not freely definable in systems of transport type "CUSTOMER".

You cannot use the "No Check" option.

If this question is related to your other thread, then please use one thread only to keep the infos together for others who use the search.

Cheers,

Julius