cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-SD Mapping in Aluminium glazing and fixing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Gurus,

I am basically SD consultant and working with Project Systems. I have gone through the posts and tried to understand about PS.

Require your expert advice on how to map my client requirement . The scenario is as follows:

Industry: Aluminum Fabrication

Our Client participates in Tenders and submits bid or estimation against the Tender. Once the agreement is done he tries to deliver the project. The project cost will be based on Square meters.

The agreement payment terms will be:

1. Supply of Aluminium (Windows, Doors, Ventilators etc) to the Project Site: 60% of Amount to be paid.(based on the total number of windows or doors to be delivered related to entire project. and on the prorata basis the cost will be calculated.) Ex: 100 Windows to be delivered in the entire project.

2. Window Frame Fixing: 10% of the Project cost (Amount will be paid based on the number of Frames fixed in the project site)

3. Glass fixing: 10% of the Project Cost(Amount will be paid based on the number of Glass fixing completed for the Frames fixed in the project site)

4. Other or handover cost: 20% of the Proejct Cost

Now the issue is the overall Project cost is based on the total area taken into consideration(Square meters).

Case 1. Our client supplied 50 windows to Project Site and out of that 40 Window frames have been erected or fixed. And out of 40 window frames, 20 have completed with Glass work. How to map this scenario in SAP. What will be the role of SD Consultant and the role of PS Consultant. (The Window if we take as a Finished Material code- the over all cost of the project will be multiplied by number of windows to be fixed. Each window cost includes the Cost of Aluminium used, labour and machinery cost in fabrication of window, hardware used to prepare andfix the window in project site,cost of glass and other expenditure). What will be the milestones? Do milestone billing helps?

Thanks & Regards

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case maintain Four Milestones in your Project and copy them to the Billing plan of the sales order.

So confirm the Activity and invoice the customer as per these Milestones.

Regarding the cost part whenever you deliver the goods to the customer ,cost will be booked to the project.

So as a SD Consultant,you have to configure from the Sales side like creation of document type,creation of item cat,Sch lines,Maintence of Billing plan ,Pricing procedure ,linking the sales order document type to billing document in Copy control and other sales related Activities.

The other activities will be done through PS like the Reservation of the Materials, Procurement or production through MM/PP and then delivery through PS.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muzamil,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But my query is not cleared.

In your case maintain Four Milestones in your Project and copy them to the Billing plan of the sales order. Mainataining the billing plan is fine. As I have explained you, the billing has to happen in the pro rata basis of the acitivities perfomed.

How to take the activities into Sales order, as the Finished Material code ex: Window1 (Sales price includes all the Aluminium cost, Assembly cost, hardware, glass cost, fixing labor cost etc).

We have created Sales Contract for 100 Windows for the entire project. Then Sales order for 50 Windows and Delivered 40 Windows to Project Site. So we can bill for 40 Windows (as per the first mile stone-). Now how to bill the activities performed for milestone 2, and so on. How to track them in Sales order.

Thanks&Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a sales order and link it with the WBSE and copy the Milestones.

Deliver the Goods by CNS0.Book other expenses by FI postings/Secondary costs through Activity Confirmation/CATS.....

Whenever you need to bill to customer confirm the Activity and invoice to the customer.

Or you can manually maintain the Billing plan and remove the block whenever you want to invoice.

All the costs/Revenues will be tracked via PS.

Muzamil

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not know PS then please

Attend a PS course - based on your requirement PLM230 would be ideal

and / or read SAP help - it is very clear on the SD integration

and / or get a PS consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

Thanks a lot. I am in that process only, but right now we are in the middle of the project.

Best Regards

Sreekanth

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I find it strange that your project managers embark on a project, actually are in the middle of it, without requisite skills in the relevant modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. I hope this forum is to address the knowledge gaps also. Every one will learn from the course or exposure to situation. I have clearly told you that , I am trying to learn to integrate it with PS. Correct me if I am wrong, is there any thing wrong in learning new concepts, when situation demands.

Thanks&Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth on Feb 15, 2010 4:53 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

Learning never ends - however the purpose of this forum is not to educate the basics of PS - for that SAP has standard courses, certification process etc to provide structured learning in PS. It is assumed that all of us are professional PS consultants and have the need to fill the "knowledge gaps" based on our individual experiences from time to time. This forum is to share those experiences.

There have been lots of instances when members simply say " I am new to PS . . please give steps to config etc . . "

The forum rules clearly state that you should post the question only after you have read SAP help, you have searched this forum for possible answers, searched OSS, if you are not a PS consultant then talk to your PS consultant first, and when you have exhausted all avenues, the forum may provide you hints etc to guide you to the solution.

Lastly if you are engaged in a PS project and try to use this forum to be your PS consultant then that is not fair either - there is somebody out there who can be hired !

Moderation is a thankless job - I get nothing for it except the satisfaction that our PS forum has some really good technical value which can be referred by the PS consultant community world wide.

Hope you understand

Regards

Virendra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well said Virendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are already an SD consultant then you might be knowing what wil be your role.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply. As a SD Consultant I have worked in both Domestic and International Projects. But working with PS first time.

Best Regards

Sreekanth