cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply from ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

Can we receive a reply from ODS after successfull insert.

if this is possible then what will be the data structure for the reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mudit,

You can recieve a response from a database directly,

But there could be a workaround for this. If you are familiar with database events, we can have a database event listener which is checking for any updates into a particular table. If the table is updated then it will send some acknowledgement data to XI.

I have never tried this scenario as no such requirement came to me. But just to share a thought.

If we try to do this , it would not be a synchronous scenaro, but two different asynch scenarios.

Regards,

Yomesh

Message was edited by: Yomesh P Sharma

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

<i>Can we receive a reply from ODS after successfull insert.</i>

Configure your JDBC adapter as a Synchronous and you can get the response back stating the number of successful insertions done.

<i>if this is possible then what will be the data structure for the reply</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

<root>

<StatementName_Response>

<b><insert_count>count</insert_count></b>

</StatementName_Response>

</root>

ROOT and STATEMENTNAME are dependent on the Request Message hat you have constructed.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh thanks Bhavesh,

This is a new learning for me.

I'll try out this scenario.

Regards,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your replies.

i have ascenario like receive from idoc synchronous send to ODS and sending the reply got from ODS to a file.

i have used a BPM in this case .can any one guide me through the BPM steps

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit,

Use a <b>SEND SYNCHRNOUS</b> step in your BPM to send the INSERTION to the database, and to get the response back.

The exact strucutre of the Response Message will depend on the structure of your Request Message to insert into the Database.

Also, the only Response that you can get from the DB is the number of insertions succesful. Is this the data that you want to be posted to the file?

If no, if you want someother data from the databse and as you are already using a BPM, you can have a receive step pointing to a Sender JDBC adapter after the Send Step and you can use the Sender JDBC adapter to collect the data from the DB and push it to the file.

The final design depends on what you exactly want to be sent to the file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh;

in my scenario i am trying to insert data into multiple tables.so will the reply from ODS will correspond to the number of successfull table inserts or the no of successfull row insert

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit,

<i>in my scenario i am trying to insert data into multiple tables</i>

You will get a response for every STATEMENT tag in your Request message with the INSERT_COUNT. If the INSERT_COUNT is 0 ==> Insertion Failure. if INSER_COUNT= 1 ==> INSERTION success.

So, if you are trying 3 insertions, you will have 3 STATEMENT tag in your REQUEST message and this will correspond to 3 responses.

Hope this clears,

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh

is there a blog which i can reffer for this synch send synario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Unfortunately none I am aware of.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Have a look at this blog on synchronous JDBC receiver..

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-on-jdbc-receiver-response

Regards

Anand