cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Document not getting released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am trying to release the billing document to accounting,the following error message is displayed.

Account 3101100 requires an assignment to a CO object

I checked KA02 and a cost center 1710101 is assigned.

Is it related to some copa issue?

I request you to kindly help me in this regard.

Phani prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the transaction code OKB9 and maintain the cost centre for the GL accont and the company code.

Save it and check it

Please check and revert

regards,

santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanip

Use transaction code: KA02: enter G/L account (Cost element) and in default acct assignment TAB, assign the Cost Centre and save.

Now try your transaction.

OR

Check the field status of the account in FS00. If this account requires CO object as mandatory then check whether a cost element is created or not , this error normally occurs when CO object is mandatory but relevant cost element is not created.

Example: CO object may be cost centre, cost element, WBS element

OR

Use t.code OKB9 and assign G/L account to cost object with your company code and save.

For more check the link

http://www.sap-img.com/financial/requires-an-assignment-to-a-co-object.htm

Regards,

MT

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to FS00, input the G/L Account 3101100 and click on Edit Cost Element on top. There click on Basic Data and for the field CElem category, maintain the required numeric value. Now select the tab Default Acct Assgnmt and there check whether the required cost center is there. If not, maintain and save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your time and valuable inputs. I have maintained all the fields as suggested by you all but the problem still persists.Therefore i handed over the issue to my FICO consultant.Thanks Once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Phani prasad,

Sometime this issue comes due to profit center is not present in the billing document.

Please open the billing document in VF02 --> go to the item level and check profit center at item detail tab page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.Profit centre is there in vf02.We have activated and deactivated COPA.Is this could be the reason for this problem?

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

Edited by: phanip on Feb 14, 2010 5:05 PM