SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking dand financial service legacy data conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on Banking and Financial Services doing the conversion project. I am struggling on conversion of the legacy data

1) Legacy data bringing into SAP Loan Management and deposit Management.

2) Next step Processing and sending the data into Bank Analyzer

3) Finally to ERP ECC6.0 Fi GL passing the AFI

I would appreciate anyone to give me some tips and trick s or link or even documentsation would be a great help. Any suggestions on doing the rconciliation process of the legacy data with final transactions in Fi GL

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EMENEM,

Itu2019s been a few weeks since your posting, hopefully youu2019ve resolved your questions.

In reference to data migration of deposits and loans data, a few things you may wish to consider:

1. Data extraction from legacy system.

1.1 Required data objects, to be migrated.

1.2 Extraction methodology; tables dumps, reports or programs.

1.3 Extraction programs; timeframe to develop programs.

1.4 Object history/volume; amount of data to migrate.

1.5 Data profiling; profile/map legacy object/attribute to SAP. (Utilise Data u2018Mapping Planu2019 in the DW-WB or u2018Field Mapping

and Conversion Rulesu2019 in LSMW).

2. Data transformation (Converting legacy data to SAP format).

2.1 Tools; MS Access etc.

3. Data load.

3.1 Develop/provide load templates based on your LSWMu2019s or upload programs.

4. Reconciliation.

4.1 Technical reconciliation; based on data loads, generally file volume and/or dollars.

4.2 Business reconciliation; file volume/dollars, sampling and/or full review depending on the data object.

This is a very brief overview, let me know if you still need generic templates.

Cheers

Martin

0 Kudos

HI Martin

Many thiansk for your reply. I have pretty much done the steps from1 to 3 given in ur reply.

I am lookin for the templates if you have for the steps 4.1 and 4.2 mainly on the reconciliation.The recon should be

lExample Loan transaction by each prodcut and each business partner details from BaS going in to the Bank Analyzer via ETL.

The next step is from BA analyzer result data layer called AFI sending the data to FIGL via GL connector.

If you ahve any sample template would be a great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

close it