cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Minium Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know what Hardware I need to have.

1) imagine, i want to use standalone installation, of EHP1 ABAP+JAVA

I know that I need minium 6 gig of RAM ( i checked in installtion guite)

But where I can find the processor minium? like dual core, 4 core etc etc, i want to know more exact model i want to have.

There isnt many information about it.

2) Im thinking to install like

-. Database server

- Application Servre ABAP

- Application Server JAVA

that's ok, which one must have better quality or minium requirements?

Like, should I invest more in ABAP server or Database server or Java ? i think Java need more hardware... but, which is the hardware (excluding RAM or 64 bit stuff)

i checked the service.sap.com/sizing ablalb its very confused..

any1 can help me??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

( i checked in installtion guite)
But where I can find the processor minium? 
like dual core, 4 core etc etc, i want to know more exact model i want to have.

The recommended minimum CPU hardware is at least one dual core CPU or two single core CPUs. The selection of CPU Model requires performance analysis and benchmarking with the other well known Server CPUs available in current market. You can contact different Vendors to discuss more about H/W requirement ,based on your expected Business requirements.

Please refer the "Requirements for a Central System" section of concerned official SAP Installation Guide. It will tell you all information regarding CPU, HDD Space, RAM , SWAP SPACE, OS Version based on OS Type and Selected DB.

The Optimized H/W and S/W requirements are determined based on the following Factors:

1. The Business Workload and User Requests ratio per Hour/per Day with respect to your existing Business Processes/Activities/Requirements.

2. Permissible Concurrent USER Access ratio/requirement...

3. The Selection of SAP Solution (e.g SAP ECC, SAP BW, etc) (ABAP, ABAP+JAVA, ABAP)

The H/W requirements for SAP ECC and SAP BW systems are different.

4. The selection of Operating System

5.The selection of Database, Size of Database, etc.

6. Installation of SAP System in Virtual Environment/Clustered Environment will require different H/W Requirements based on number of VM in use on the Single or Clustered Node.

etc..etc

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Get the SAPS your system would require using the Quick sizer tool that SAP provides

Once you have the SAPS value go to http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/index.epx

This is the place where SAP publishes its Hardware benchmark testing for various SAPS

Look for SAPS benchmark sligh lt above your SAPS since quick sizer calculates SAPS at 99% load.

Usually once you have your SAPS you need to go through a Hardware vendor who would recommend the Hardware based on your SAPS.

Gerard