cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Distribution Channel in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can any one explain me how to extend the Distribution channel in Customer master for the same Customer code. For example, my customer code is 100178 and the Distribution channel is PG, now i want to extend the customer to other channel PM, PR, PT.

Regds

Jeevagan.U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to XD01, key in the account group, customer code, new sales area to which you want to extend and below maintain the same details but for distribution channel and execute. You will see a screen and at the bottom of the screen, a message will pop up stating that customer already exists and will be extended. This you can do for one or two customers. If the requirement is for mass creation, you can do so in XD99

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

You can extend the CUSTOMER to different Distribution channel in XD01.

Goto the transaction code XD01 and enter the Customer number whch you want to extend and the Sales organisation/Distribution channel/Division

In the below , there is a Reference Tab in which you have to give the Customer/Sales organisation/Distribution channel/Division in which the customer was originally created and Hit Enter.

It will be extended to the said Distribtion channel

In the same way you can extend this to Sales organisations and divisions also.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. JEEVAGAN_CG,

You can also use the SAP common distribution channel functionality, The Path is

SPRO --> Sales and Distribution --> Master Data --> Define Common Distribution Channels

Once you make PG common then it will work with PM, PR, PT.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT