Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Logs in Solution Manager

Gaveesh_Prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had following 2 queries:

A) How to increase the size of the Java log files to have the entries in the system for a longer period of time?

--> In some cases during troubleshooting we realise that Java logs which were written around 15 days back were no longer present in the system. This might be bacause of the fact that Java logs are being over written.

So, how do we increase the size of the Java log files to have the entries in the system for longer period of time?

B) How to see all of the error entries which are shown in LogViewer also in SolMan?

--> We could see there is a difference in log entries of the same system when viewef from Logviewer aswell as in SolMan.

Anybody knows the Solution for this? Does anything needs to be done in Solution Manager side?

Please note that Already Solution Manager is well configured to check logs of my landscape

Thanks and regards,

Gaveesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gaveesh_Prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

But default.trc file contains information on application trace files.

What about all of the "log" files?

Also i am not sure whether default trc file contains information on all of the trace files into the system.

Could you plese provide your inputs?

Regards,

Gaveesh

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

--> In some cases during troubleshooting we realise that Java logs which were written around 15 days back were no longer present in the system. This might be bacause of the fact that Java logs are being over written.
So, how do we increase the size of the Java log files to have the entries in the system for longer period of time?

You can increase age and File size of default.trc using visual admin.

But, if you increase the file size , it will make impact on your java perfromace.

Thanks

Anil