cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Sales Return Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

For return delivery inspection, I am using insp type 06. But the stock is not coming into unrestricted after I clear the lot.

Is 06 insp type stock non relevant?

Should I use 05? What is the difference between 05 and 06 insp types?

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes 06 is not stock relevent.You will not get the stock posting screen in 06 inspection type.That is a reason most of the scenarios depending upon requirement call for 05 inspection type.This is stock relevent Inspection type.

You have to assign the inspecion type 05 against the reurn order type in customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Even if I use 05 or 06 insp types, system is putting the stock in "Returns" (MMBE) and not in unrestricted.

Is there a way by which I can bring the stock directly to unrestricted?

Is it SD setting or QM related settings?

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

create 05 inspection lot & put into Unrestricted by taking UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

A lot has been created with insp type 05. Even in case of insp type 05, I can not see any unrestricted tab?

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Avinash

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

If I am not mistaken, you have to change the movement type from 651 to 655 in SD customization. Ensure inspection has been activated for 655 movement type. As soon as the post goods recipt is done, the stock gets posted to quality inspection. And as rightly suggested by Sujit, you have to clear this by putting ok stock in unrestricted use. You can use QA32 for this.

Now coming to this specific case, can you please explain whether the stock has been posted to quality inspection or not. Since the lot of 5 origin has been created, the stock must be posted to QI.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

I was using 651 movement type for return delivery. Hence stock was not posting. After using 655, the problem is solved. 651 with insp type 05 does not post the stock in QI.

But still there is a confusion.

When I use insp type 05 and movement type 655 combination, a lot gets created at the time of return delivery is created. Now PGR is blocked till the lot is not get cleared. After clearing the lot (UD), PGR can be done. When PGR is done, again insp lot gets created and the stock goes to quality.

Scenario is - Quality dept does not check the stock immediately but will do it after 2 - 3 days and a decision will be taken about scraping the material or to be sent to another customer. Till then the stock should lie in Quality.

In the solution given by u (combination of 05 and 655), I have to do UD twice. Can we avoid the first UD (which blocks the PGR) by any method?

This will be a great help.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Instead of 655 you can use 651 but with 05.What you need to to is to assign the 05 inspection lot origin in QM in Shipping customization against return order type.Again I am saying this may crate 2 lots .One with 05 & other with 06.Take UD of 05 & put in unrestricted.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Kindly excuse me as I did not interpret When PGR is done, again insp lot gets created and the stock goes to quality. Will you please explain what customizations you have maintained for these settings?

When I tested in our test server following are my observations,

1. As soon as PGR is done (655 movements occurs) and stock increases in system.

2. The entire above stock gets posted to quality inspection with generation of 05 inspection lot.

3. Clearance / stock posting of this lot through QA11.

4. UD

In this case nowhere you have to do posting twice. Whether in your case, the stock is getting posting to return and then you are bringing it to quality inspection?

Hello Sujit,

It would be of great help if with 651 movement type we can post the stock directly to quality inspection. I tried to do so but did not succeed. Will you please elaborate the detail steps? Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

All the steps are getting executed as u explained . Thats right.

Just one difference.

Tell me when a lot gets generate in ur case?

In my case a lot gets generated at the time of return delivery creation and that lot stops PGR. When I carry out UD, I can do PGR and then the rest of ur steps follow.

As far as settings are concerned, material master 05 insp type activated and assigned same to return delivery type in config.

Thus one lot at delivery creation and other lot when PGR is done.

I hope my problem is clear. Please let me know if any clarifications are required.

Regards,

Avinash

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

In my case inspection lot gets generated as soon as PGR is done and not at delivery creation. Have you activated any of the following inspection types?

10 Insp. for delivery to cust. (w/ order)

11 Insp. for delivery to cust. (w/o order)

12 Inspection for delivery in general

If yes, then after removing these types only one inspection lot will be generated after good receipt and this will not stop you inward further materials also. You can keep as long as you want in quality inspection.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)