cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RR & DRAWINGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have attached the drawing in material master,when i try to view the drawing in RR,the attachment icon is in display mode & i am not able view the drawing.How to see the drawing in RR screen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you attached drawing through DMS as reference object as Material master.?

Best solution is use Inspection method.Attach drawing in Inspection method through DMS.During RR it is visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

No i have not attached it in the way described by you.I just attached the drawing to MMR.We are not going to use DMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its will not be visible during RR.Best way is to use DMS & attach drawing in Inspection method.This will be very helpful

As per my knowledge whatever you have done is not seems to be the std SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Without activating DMS is it possible to attach document in Inspection method,if no what should be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Drawing & documents files are very heavy file.If you do not use DMS as a different server this will tend to make slow your SAP system.Best way out is to use DMS.This will enhance system performance & easily accessible during the RR.

There is no other way out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murugan,

There are various ways to attach documents to business documents.

1. Documents attachment by Generic object service (GOS)

2. Documents attachment by DMS functionality

and also with workflow + Docuemnt storage functionality...

DMS functionality provides various advantages such creation of versions of the document, linking to subsequent objects so on..

GOS functionality provides to attach to an business documents as reference to it.

For your requirement you can attach drawings manually to your Inspection document and GOS functionality will help in attaching and displying attachment... GOS is located at left hand side of functional location below menu bar.

If archive server is attached to your system then it is advisable to store these documents into archive server to manage size scalability otherwise these attachment will be stored in the SAP database.

Normally DMS functionality will be used while attaching the Drawings to Inspection lot documents as there is need of changing the version of the drawings. If you dont require any additional funtionality then you go with attaching through GOS.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is DMS a seperate module by itself,any thing to be activated,or it can be straightaway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

DMS is a component of KPRO and it is widly used in PLM module. So it is not a different module.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (0)