Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing custom Z tables with blank authorization group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to view all the Z tables without any authorization group (blank) in TDDAT. It only displays Z tables with &NC& or other valid groups we assign. Is there another table I can query to show ALL Z tables without an auth group?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am not aware about any other Table except TDDAT. However to solve your issue try giving Z* as the input and then execute it. This will give you list of all the Z tables whose auth groups are maintained. Now with the help of excel match it with all the Z tables which exist in that system and filter out the data which you want.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am not aware about any other Table except TDDAT. However to solve your issue try giving Z* as the input and then execute it. This will give you list of all the Z tables whose auth groups are maintained. Now with the help of excel match it with all the Z tables which exist in that system and filter out the data which you want.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as it was mentioned you can use Excel to get your list. You can get list of all tables from SE15. Another way is to use SQ01 to create an outer join between DD02L and TDDAT. Don't forget that if table does not have any record in TDDAT is equal to having record with &NC&.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It only displays Z tables with &NC& or other valid groups we assign.

Oops, sorry. Martin had already mentioned this.

&NC& is not a valid group, it is a symbolic group which is the equivalent of a blank for the table - except that a view had been created for it and during that process no authorization group was set either. This also used to be the default, which doesn't really make sense... hence all the values.

If you take a look at FM VIEW_AUTHORITY_CHECK then you will see how it works and which tables are used.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 13, 2010 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, I'm closing the thread. The tables that were posted were very helpful.

I'm aware of the &NC& (Not Classified Table) auth group, these are the items we are cleaning up including the blank ones. I should have been clear on my initial post. Thanks again.

Edited by: John Navarro on Feb 17, 2010 4:38 PM

0 Kudos

> I'm aware of the &NC& (Not Classified Table) auth group, these are the items we are cleaning up including the blank ones.

Exactly that is what I would recommend as well.

I also report missing SU24 DICBERCLS to SAP when I find them for their own transactions.

Cheers,

Julius