cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the image files?--URGENT PLEASE HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I have a query regarding change of the Image files for the Internet service.I need to change some of the Image files stored under THEME-->MIME OBJECTS for a Service in SE80.

Whats the procedure for changing these files???How do i insert my new image files for this service under the MIME OBJECTS link???

Please help.

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Me again....We are using Integrated ITS.

Regards,

Disha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just right click on theme folder and click create->MIME

this would prompt windows file open dialog where you can choose the mime object from local drive and import, which will prompt for development request , so that you can transport the MIMEs.

are you facing problem in that?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have a image in one of the global servcie template and whcih is being used in several other teamplates..So i just want to relace that particular JPG file with my custom JPG file in the MIME OBJECT folder in the global service.....How to do this?

Regards,

Disha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

global service? is it a custom service, i am not aware of a standard global service (like in standalone its global.srvc) in integrated ITS.

in integrated ITs scenario if you want the image to be available globally you can store the image in the MIME repository and use it in your ITS applications. (se 80 click on MIME repository tab and choose suitable path and store the image there)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I am working on SRM 4.0 with internal ITS.In se80 we have a global Service "BBPGLOBAL" in which all the images are stored which get displayed on various SRM screens....So here in this service I have a IMAGE file,which i need to replace with my own(other) image file..is this possible???

Regards,

Disha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i> i am not aware of a standard global service (like in standalone its global.srvc) in integrated ITS.</i>

i take back this , i see a service called GLOBAL in integrated ITS.

go to BBPGLOBAL in se80, right click and delete the unwanted image and load the new image with the same name (as of the old delted image) both deletion and new image will prompt for transport request , assign a TR and transport across landscape.

Please note that since you are changing the standard application, future upgrade will overwrite your changes.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the quick reply....Wil try out ur suggestions and get back on this...

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

How do i keep a backup of these file i will delete???i fi wnat to revert back to the original image then how do i do it??

Regards,

Disha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

export it from your service and store it in a secure place. and when required use it later (by importing to your application from where you stored)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Keep that in the MIME repository itself.Just rename it and use the img whenevr needed.

Rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can nayone explain how do i rename/Export the image file???

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

1. Goto TRnx <b> SE80 -> Interenet Services </b>.

2. Select your IAC .goto your MIME object,open it,right click the image & save that in your local drive.

3. Modify the img.

4. MIME->Images->right click the image & import the stored img in your local drive.

Rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

When i right click on the image,whcih option shud i select???I dont have any option for save....Pls help....

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open your image.Make it display in your SE80.Rght clk on the image.SAve as picture...give ur local drive name..

( This is just to copy the image to ur local drive)

If you want any image to be exported to ur IAC,you have to login SE80->int services-MIME->rgt clk on MIME->create->Pick ur stored image->give the correct theme name and in the name field type <b> IMAGES/imgname.gif </b>

Rgds,

Jothi.

Pls close the thread if ur problem is resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply....full points to you!!!

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

I have a problem now....the custom image which i uploaded appears in the "TILE " format on teh screen now....Can you tell me how this did happen???

I just deleted the original image file and uploaded my custom image file but now when i published the template it got the tile effect on the screen...I just want the image to be seen at 1 place on the screen....

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the format(.jpg/.gif/.bmp) of the deleted img and the new img is the same ? If not pl convert it. Otherwise you hav to change the code where the image lies.

rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah the format is same...But there is some difference in the format....may be because of that the Tile effect has come..

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While displaying the Images in SE80 , is both the images appear exactly in the same location and of same size.

Rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about the Location where this new file is stored then ist stored at the same location as the old one...

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi disha,

I meant image location inside the Page.

If you display the images from SE80..double clik the image in SE80 internet service, Compare the 2 images display ..is it in the same location and size<b> on the page.</b>

Rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i double click on the image in SE80,it is displayed in the leftmost corner...But on my we page ,it appers all over the screen with the "TILE" effect.

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it's problem with the image. not with the code.

Check the image properties & do relevant changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for your speedy attention!!Currently modifying the new image as the old one..wil try again and let u know...Thanks again..

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Yeah ..you were right..the prob was with the image...now the image is getting trimmes a bit on the screen...may b some space alignment again the image will solve that problem...Once again thanks for the help..

BR,

Disha.

Answers (0)