Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SRM dont validate Contract values while creating sc

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ALL

SRM validates every piece of data efore i order but i have assigned fixed vendor but that contract value is not sufficient for that shopping cart. Why it allow us to create a successful shopping cart and later it is erorring out and Indeed validation happens while creating PO only.

(presume that i dont need any approval or quick approval in next 1 sec).

sc has 100000 INR but my ECC contract has only for 1000 INR .

i can do check DOC CHECK badi. it does not matter.

What is the stratergy behind.Why SAP dont keep validations while creating sc.Any specific reason for this

Thanks

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

As per the standard system design, if the shopping cart value exceeds the contract value, the error message would only be thrown once the user orders the shopping cart. This is done in asynchronous mode after the approval workflow is completed. Hence, the user does not see the error message directly, but it would be present in the application monitor.

If you would like to get the error message displayed in the shopping cart itself, kindly implement BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI. Here you can throw an error message after checking the total value against the contract value. The contract details can be fetched using the FM BBP_PD_CTR_GETDETAIL.

Basically the contracts would only be checked in the application layer for documents which update the contract call off, such as purchase order, confirmation, invoice, etc. This is not the case for the shopping cart. Thus the error message would only be thrown during the creation of the purchase order, which is in asynchronous mode after the approval workflow is completed, and hence cannot be thrown to the user directly.

I hope it clarifies.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Ricardo !!

asynchronous mode -can you explain .

Muthu

Answers (0)