cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Web Application Server on MDM 7.1 to workon WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I installed MDM 7.1 SP04 and wondering how can I install WAS to use the features of Webdynpro configurator for web services and BPM?

I am on 64 bit OS... I tried to get trail version of CE from sdn downloads but i am unable to install as it doesnt support 64 bit... I want to use BPM and webservices features of SAP MDM 7.1 SP04?

Thanks

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am stuck on the same issue:

software in package Fastload API is not runnable on your system

FILE MAGIC: MS Windows 32-bit i386 executable dll

YOUR SYSTEM: architecture = AMD64

YOUR SYSTEM: subversion =

YOUR SYSTEM: system = Windows

YOUR SYSTEM: version = NT 6.1

installation exited abnormally at Fr, May 27, 2011 at 21:35:31

Any ideas short of running a 32 bit VM? Why is this thread marked as Answered if people are still having trouble?

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 supports only 64 bit server. So, As you told your server is 64 Bit and then you should be able to install it.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply..

i am getting the following error while installing CE 7.1 SP1 Downloaded from sdn.. download area...

I am using Windows 64 Bit.. I also tried with Windows 7 64bit OS..AStill the same....

Running msiexec failed with return code 1603: undefined

Commandline was msiexec.exe /norestart /L sapmmcX86u.log /i sapmmcX86u.msi /qn

If you want the installer to retry, choose Yes. If you want the installer to abort the installation, choose No.

I reinstalled the OS again but still the same error.. Windows Installer is up and running in Services....

Any one went through this issue?

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,<br />

<br />

Check .<br />

<br />

Regards,<br />

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its pointing to this query itself...

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to point to this link..

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with all the possibilites of the thread but no results.. Hence I found one thread where to install MMC Snapshot then Install CE 7.1... I am able to pass through Step 4 of 32 installation... But got an error at step 9 of 32 Data base server Installtion error:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition > Install SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDB...>_install_ _ .log.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

Log is as below:

Installation of MaxDB

starting installation Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

operating system: Windows AMD64 NT 6.1

callers working directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

installer directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

archive directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

installation exited abnormally at Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

Any Solution for this?

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I would suggest you to post this question to SAP NetWeaver Administrator Forum. In this way You will have more chances to get your problem solved.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can any one share how you guys are working on web services of MDM? I too want to experence Webdyn webservice features of MDM..

I am struggling with installing CE7.2 Trail installation and MDM 7.1 on same OS.. Windows 7.1 64 Bit... I installed MDM 7,1 SP02 but unable to install CE 7.2...

Can any one suggest which OS would be better to install and njoy MDM Web service features?

THanks

RAJEEV

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I've just installed the NetWeaver CE 7.2 on a WinXP 64 Bit desktop - I know, the OSS is not supported, but it works anyways. I'm using the MSSQL 2008 Server as database.

Regarding your issue: from the MaxDB log it seems that you're trying to install a Max DB for Win32 on a Win64 OSS. That won't work. You should check if you've downloaded the correct versions for your OSS?! As you're using Win 7 with 64bit, all NW CE 7.2 components should support 64Bit. If you've downloaded the correct package and still run into the "wrong version" issue, you should contact SAP directly as there seems to be something wrong with the packages for DL.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about CE 7.1 downloaded from SDN.... which I am unable to install on Windows 7.1 64BIT.. I am getting following error:

Hi,

i am getting the following error while installing CE 7.1 SP1 Downloaded from sdn.. download area...

I am using Windows 64 Bit.. I also tried with Windows 7 64bit OS..AStill the same....

Running msiexec failed with return code 1603: undefined

Commandline was msiexec.exe /norestart /L sapmmcX86u.log /i sapmmcX86u.msi /qn

If you want the installer to retry, choose Yes. If you want the installer to abort the installation, choose No.

I reinstalled the OS again but still the same error.. Windows Installer is up and running in Services....

Hence I found one thread where to install MMC Snapshot then Install CE 7.1... I am able to pass through Step 4 of 32 installation... But got an error at step 9 of 32 Data base server Installtion error:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition > Install SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDB...>install _ .log.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

Log is as below:

Installation of MaxDB

starting installation Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

operating system: Windows AMD64 NT 6.1

callers working directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

installer directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

archive directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

installation exited abnormally at Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

Any Solution for this?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

You mentioned that you found a thread which helped you get through the 1 step. Could you please provide the link to this thread.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Please find the link below:

HI All,

can anyone faced the issue I mentioned above?

Thanks

Rajeev

oskar_maller3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'm trying to install the CE 7.2 Eval version on Windows 7 (64-bit version), and I am getting problems with the MaxDB installation probably because it's a 32-bit version. If I run the included MaxDB installation file separately I get the following error message:

"Checking package SQLDBC 77 failed. Software isn't runnable on your system: testFile = MS Windows 32-bit i386 executable dll"

Can I download and install the MaxDB in 64-bit version and somehow point the CE installation script to this instance or is there a way to force the 32-bit version to install and run on a 64-bit Windows?

Best regards

/Oskar

Edited by: Oskar Maller on Mar 3, 2010 10:16 AM

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,

I'd suggest to report this issue to SAP. It seems, that the wrong components have been packaged for the 7.2 Eval Version. Unfortunately we (meaning MDM development) cannot fix this.

Best regards

Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just checked the central [download page|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/a0a6bd7b-3dfc-2c10-eb95-aae0f777d4ab&refer=bpx19feb10]. It seems that the trial version is available for 32bit OSS only:

System Requirements for Server

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP 2 (or higher)

32 bit Microsoft Windows Vista 32 bit

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32bit

System Requirements for NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS)

Windows XP 32 bit or Windows Vista 32 bit

The support of 64bit OSS is nowhere mentioned.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So can any one let me know how can I taste the features of MDM 7.1 Webdynpro configurator? I want to configure and create a web service scenrio.. I installed MDM 7.1 SP04 but not able to work on webs ervices.. can any one suggest how can I create web service scenraio?

THANKS

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

The same problem comes to me and I want to know how did you fix that?

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also struck up in this 64 bit issue..

any clue on how to move forward will be great !!

Reg

dsk