cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Type G2 configuration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone guide me through the configuration steps for creating a billing document type G2 for the following requirement.

We have got negative quantity in the Invoice Receipt and for it we wish to post the Credit Memo (G2), and we will post this credit memo with reference to the Sales Order. To achieve this solution i would like to have assistance on :

1. How to configure the billing type "G2"

2. How can this document type be listed in billing due list via VF04 ?

3. How will the financial postings will effect after this invoice is generated ?

Appreciate your kind help.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Which process you are working on?

'INVOICE RECEIPT': Probably you are working on third party sales process & you have received credit memo from vendor.

If this is the case, same credit memo can be transferred to customer. Create a billing documente with billing type G2S. Enter the third party order as a document still to be processed.

your answers:

1) In standard SAP system, credit memo type G2S is available.

2) In VF04, select credit memo checkbox with other details & execute.

3) In accounting, customer account is credited with the invoice amount.

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go thru the below threads,

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to configure the billing type "G2"

There is a standard Billing document G2 avaialble for Credit Memo Request

Please check it in the BILLING DOCUMENT TYPES configuration in VOFA

How can this document type be listed in billing due list via VF04 ?

If any document type needs to be updated in the Due List, you have to maintain copy control settings and Maintain the BILLING DOCUMENT TYPE in the Order

For example, in your scenario maintain G2 in the BILLING TAB in the Credit memo request CR

Now automatically if you RUN Billing due list program, all the documents which are pending Billing will be updated in the Due List.

How will the financial postings will effect after this invoice is generated ?

Once the Credit Memo is created then automatically Customer Account will be credited and Sales account is Debited.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Thanks for your reply, can you let me know if it is mandatory to create a credit memo request first and then create a credit memo with reference to the credit memo request ? or we can directly create the credit memo with reference to the sales order ?

When i am trying to setup the Credit Memo type G2 with reference to the Sales order and trying to bill it with billing due list transaction VF04 at that time i am not able to see the Credit Memo in the list, but if i try the same through VF01 then i can see the Credit Memo in it.

But, am i following the process by creating the Credit Memo document with reference to the Sales order type ?

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Here is the flow:

order- delivery- billing.

Now for credit memo:

1) Billing document -

credit memo (both are billing document)

2) Billing doc------ credit memo request(order)-----credit memo(billing)

Is it the case of your Third party sales? If so you should use credit memo G2S w.r.t sales order.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I agree with you, but i want to understand what makes the difference if i follow like this

2) Billing doc------ credit memo request(order)-----credit memo(billing)

The reason is in our case we knew that these are happening due to some errors, so instead of creating Credit Memo Request and giving task for business to approve it and then creating the Credit Memo from it, why can't i follow the below way ?

Sales Document (OR) ====> Credit Memo (Billing document)

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Credit memo can be created with the reference of billing or order or delivery (in case of return delivery).

1) Billing reference: You can create credit memo w.r.t. to billing if you don't want any release procedure. If there is no need to get approval for creating credit memo.

2) Order reference: Using order reference you can set a billing block in credit memo request. Thus it needs approval before giving credit to customer.

Otherwise there is no difference.

If you want to create credit memo w.r.t order you need to setup copy control settings for Or to G2, in billing qty field at item level. What qty u wanto take here?

As I am emphasizing on your main issue.

In case of Invoice receipt with negative quantity, it updates the status of of order document as incomplete. The credit memo is to be given to customer.

In copy control for OR to G2S (credit memo):

In Customizing for Sales, the item category TASG is set at item level in copying control for the billing type G2S (copying control sales document by billing document) as the target item category (source: TAS-> Target:> TASG.)

The billing relevance is F for this item category in sales. So it takes the billing qty from invoice receipt qty. As the qty here is negative, it generates a credit memo.

I hope it clears.

Check in your system & revert back.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, i think we are nearing to the point..

You said " When IR will be created the Sales Order will be set back to Incomplete"

But in our case, we have a Sales Document which has the invoice and the status of the sales order is with "Completed" but later to this point when there is a negative IR on MM side, at that time the Sales Order is not being set to "Incomplete" status.

Is there any setting need to be made in customizing ?

Secondly when we create a "Credit Memo" type "G2" with reference to the "Sales Order" type "OR" at the time of billing it is not being displayed in the billing due list transaction "VF04" though the item category has the correct indicator.

We want to create a "Cedit Memo" type "G2" with reference to the existing Sales Order type "OR" and raise the credit memo with the VF04 transaction, but it is not happening. But, if we try to do the billing with VF01 transaction then we are possible to generate the Credit Memo.

BR,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krish,

You are using credit memo type G2, which is not specifically made for third party item. Because the copy control settings that you need for this transaction are not available in OR-G2. In copy control OR-G2 at item category level TAN-G2N see the field billing qty.

For third party scenerio, it should be 'IR qty/GI qty minus billed qty'.

Now see the settings for OR-G2S copy control settings. TAS-TASG item category Billing qty field.

As I told you before also. If you don't want to use G2S document, make a copy of it & then use it for credit processing. But don't make these changes for G2 doc type, because it is used for other process specifically return order, invoice correction request & ... Changing in G2 will have adverse effects.

You can't see status in order document as incomplete, but a negative Invoice Receipt Creates a billing index for credit memo.

And then you can create the credit memo for customer. This is again based on the copy control settings.

You can use report SDMFSTRP to create a list of all sales orders with third-party order items for which there are discrepancies between the quantities ordered, invoiced, canceled, or credited in Sales and the quantities ordered, invoiced or credited in Purchasing.

To run this report, proceed as follows:

Choose Tools -- ABAP/4 Workbench on the initial screen.

Choose Development -- ABAP/4 Editor.

Enter the report name SDMFSTRP in the program field and choose Execute.

You reach the selection screen.

Enter the interval of sales orders and the time period which you want to monitor.

Choose Program-- Execute.

Best Regards,

Ravi