cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow performance when printing smartforms on Zebra printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Members,

We are using Zebra ZM600 and Z6Mplus units in our warehouses to printer labels. When we give the command to print from SAP ECC 6.0, it takes approximately some 20 seconds before the 1st label prints and then 15-20 seconds between each subsequent label. (even though the original spool request included all 20 labels)

I have tried to search the web and support sites of Zebra, but can not really find a clear solution to the problem. According to our SAP Basis guys, it only takes 1 seconds in SAP to generate the spool request and the information is then sent to our print server.

Does anyone have any experience and our suggestions that they coudl share?

Regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I also get this problem and find the solution now.It is because the size of  our picture which we imported by  t-code se73 is too big.So we change a small one and we also load fonts,graphics into printer memory.Then it works out.

Hope it can help you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten,

Hopefully you have gotten your answer by now. I have run into this issue multiple times. If possible download the barcode format into the Zebra printer and set it up to just send the data and contol tags to invoke the printer. This will reduce the network traffic to the printer.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u using Z fonts??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

maybe below ideas will be useful for you:

1. use printer forms

2. load fonts,graphics into printer memory,

3. use more printer command, example: command to set number of copies instead

of sending smartform copies etc...

regards,darek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had similar problem long ago with label printers (not Zebra)...I found fastest way to speed up was to send a copy counter to the printer, rather than try to output the form x times.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a very light label, and print it. How much time does it take to print? If it's really better, then the issue is probably with graphics and TrueType fonts... If not, ask the admins to monitor the spooler and the network.