Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value help not working

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to develop a small adobe interactive form application embedded in web dynpro java.

I am unable to make value help work. I have edited the

fieldname = "myFieldName"

javascript bit, but to no use.

I tried this: but it doesn't work for me.

Saphelp suggests just the same.

Can this actually be achieved on Java or only abap?

Thanks regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course it uses the input help/ search help (or whatever it is called) created in your backend. If you do not have one, you have to create one. Maybe you don´t need a value help and it would b enough for you to create a customer table in the form interface, fill it with values and use dynamic binding in the form to display the values in the drop-down?

I have no source of documentation, I don´t know if there is any. Sorry from my part.

Otto

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto, thanks once again!

Actually I have no backend as I am on Composition Environment 711

Could you specify how to bind the valuehelp (table in a popup) to a WD context node, if that can be done?

Maybe some more javascript?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can use this:

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/07/12/using-ddlb-in-interactive-forms-in-webdynpro-for-abap

or this:

or here:

http://www.sap---technical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Valuehelp/Index.htm (search google)

or this:

Also note you need to have the value help placed in the same subform as the field you use it for.

Otto

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I am working with Java.

The solution is that you have to use ImodifiableSimpleValueSet just as you do in DropDownByKey.

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

all the other features are working fine? What type of layout do you use? ACF? ZCI?

Otto

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind reply, now I can see the popup, after switching to native rendering.

However there is no row in the table of the popup, even though the input field is bound to a node with 3 elements.

Could you explain how to fill the table or provide pointers, as I can't find any?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) cool, a progress!

b) where do you miss the rows? I don´t understand. You value help is expected to offer you three rows?

c) what table? what pointers?

I am sorry but we are not using the same language, please elaborate, Otto

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto, thanks for replying so quickly.

Basically my question is: where does the valuehelp popup get the elements to be displayed?

Any link to related documentation would be greatly appreciated as I am unable to find any.

Thanks, regards