cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Namespaces to different software component versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have developed repsitory objects under one software component version by creating different namespaces and those r working fine. Due to my project requirements I have to change the names of software component version.

Can I rename the existing software component version or I should use the facility of release transfer in which I should treat new name as newer version?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do release transfer or u can copy the objects individually if u want to be more cautious...!But after doing everything as a catious mesaure check wether the name spaces are proper in data types and message types,message mappings etc(XML namespaces are intact) and XPATH variables and swich conditions in BPM's as you are changing namespaces ..some components might not be automatically refreshed!

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Can I rename the existing software component version

No you can't

>> or I should use the facility of release transfer in which I should treat new name as newer version?

Yes you can go for that...

And as a tip if you delete the older SWC from SLD, the corresponding entry in XI repository can be deleted by clicking on the SWCV and clicking Ctrl+D.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out this thread

regards

jithesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

ASFAIK, you <b>cannot rename the Software Component in SLD.</b>As you mentioned, one option would be to create a newer version.

Also, you cannot rename Namespace in your SWCV.

Regards,

Bhavesh