cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to trace the wdy application from Portal link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a req to work with a application,which show the salary slip,through ESS portal,but I am not able to trace out the webdynpro application,is is running behing this?

can any oe pls tell how to trace out the application,if worked any time.

secondly req is to insert the logo in the salary slip,when we clk in the SALARY button,its display the slip as PDF,please tell how this PDF is attached inside the application,as if its a Z smart form,than i can insert the logo in it & can reinsert in the webdynpor application,as I think its a case of z smrtform which is called or linked on webdynpro.

pls tell how to trace the standard application or the smart form.

regds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - you can right click the web dynpro application in the portal and go to "MORE FIELD HELP" it will give you the WEBDYNPRO COMPONENT NAME, then you search that component in TCODE SE80 in the webdynpro area. Go to the Component VIEW method tab WDDOINIT and you can enter an external breakpoint in the method.

then to activate your breakpoint you can go to TCODE SRDEBUG and activate your external breakpoints.

Go back to portal and then when you open your application you will hit your breakpoints!

hope this help!

Jason P-V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to right clk on appliction i.e on salry slip,but don;t found any option for MORE HELP FIELDS options any where?

pls be more clear in this regard.

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipin - What I meant is...when you open Portal and the web dynpro that you are trying to see the code is open (front end, I'm not talking at back end, SE80 webdynpro yet).....

In the portal you right click inside the WEBDYNPRO in PORTAL and this option appear also with DISPLAY QUICK HELP, so select the MORE FIELD HELP option and a pop-up will appear with the component name. Once you know the component name, you can go to the back end and go to SE80 and enter the component name in order to view the methods, then do as I explain in my previous reply.

thanks!

Jason P-V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

I am doing in saem way,after logging to the portal, & coming on to salary slip webdynpro application,I do the right click on the webpage,tried to do this at many places in portal,but no such option appears.

when i o the rt click,the normal options as they do come in IE are coming like select all,print,rotate..etc.

regds

vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipin, sorry but that's how I find the names of my WDC in Portal, maybe my system is different than yours.

Jason PV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

You can get the webdynpro application name from the portal link or you can ask portal team to get you the webdynpro

application name from the portal iView of salary slip application.

After that go to SICF tcode.

Search for the application name by entering the application name against the field SERVICE NAME and press F8 (execute).

The system will find you the SICF service for that webdynpro application. Select that service from the list.

Now click on menu GOTO->OBJECT DIRECTORY ENTRY and get the package name from the popup window.

Go to tcode SE80 and open that package.

Expand node Web dynpro->Web Dynpro Applicat. and find the application there.

Double click on the application.

Get the web dynpro component from the application parameter.

Open the Web Dynpro component in se80 and do the changes as required.

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

1) You can view the WD application name from the content management from the Portal. In this you can choose the iView and in that iView you can view the WD application name.

2) The smartform you are asking about, may be bind with in the application UI element 'PDF'. Check the UI element of your Web dynpro Component. And do the changes neeful.

Thanks

Sanket