cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility in Web Dynpro

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I've been asked to switch on accessibility for web dynpro. These are the steps I've taken so far but they don't seem to have had any effect:

1) added the WDACCESSIBILITY parameter to an application with a value of X.

2) The PDF document 'Developing Accessible Applications with SAP Netweaver', in section 4.4.2, tells me to add the following to the end of the url: '?sap-accessibility=x'. I'm not able to do this on the application properties as the url field is greyed out. After launching the application I added it to the end of the url but it did not seem to make any difference...though I believe it may be that I will not see anything until I try it with a screen reader ?

3) OSS Note 1412833 (though on a slightly different release to us) talks of having to make changes to table WDY_APP_PROP_DEF in order to get the WDACCESSIBILITY parameter to work. I've done this and I still do not see any change when trying 2) above.

Does anyone out there have experience in this area that can provide me with some advice ? Am I following the correct steps (am I missing anything ?) and should I be seeing a difference in the aplication or should I only expect to see a change if I use a screen reader ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding the parameter sap-accessibility = X should enable the webdynpro app for acc mode.

You dont necessarily need a screen reader to check that accessibility is enabled

Tooltips change accordingly if accessibility is enabled

For ex if there is a button with Text as Print and toolTip as Print...in normal mode when focus goes or there is a mouse over this button tool tip will be 'Print'

But if you have added sap-accessibility=X and focus goes to this button then ToolTip will be

"Print- Button - 1 of 1 Items - Print - To activate press spacebar "

Here first button lable will be added as tooltip - then type of UI element - then its index ( this button was added in a toolbar; only 1 button was there ) - then tooltip of button - then action required

Screen reader will read the same text.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Manas Dua

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manas Dua.

thanks for your reply. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I'm just back from holiday.

Your answer makes perfect sense to me but unfortunately, when I add the parameter sap-accessibility = X, I still don't see the additional bit of text on the tooltip - e.g. "Button - 1 of 1 Items - Print - To activate press spacebar". Do you think I'm missing something else or maybe this is a bug ?

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that you have added the correct parameters "sap-accessibility=x"

Also tooltip will only be visible when there is a tab\focus on the UI element.

Also you can check for accessibility in debug mode by adding param

sap-accessibility=x&sap-accessibility-debug=x

After that press CTRLALTSHIFT+A, A yellow coloured status bar will appear at the bottom of your window which will show you the accessibility tooltip for that UI element whenever that UI element gets focus

Check the [snapshot|http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/j2EDy-AXZfL5Fn-ZaZZUVQ?feat=directlink]

Also you can have a look at following documentation

http://www.sapdesignguild.org/resources/acc.asp

http://www.sapdesignguild.org/resources/Accessibility_Guideline_WebDynpro_external_Version.pdf.

Also check your IE version should be IE 6.0 or above.

If all that doesn't helps than time to raise a CSN ticket.

Regards

Manas Dua

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

unfortunately it's still not working but thanks very much for your help - some very useful tips. I'll open an OSS message.