cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save PDF from Print preview screen to application server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know if there is an possibility of saving an Adobe Interactive form (PDF) to application server. Generally, it asks for a pop-up for a document to be save at the Presentation, but my requirement is at the Unix server.(application server).

Thanks,

Asha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

you can not save the pdf from within the preview because for preview the pdf viewer on your PC (client) is used. The client does not have direct contact to the server.

But if your ABAP starts the preview, it will copy the pdf binary to a client local directory (SAP work directory) and start PDF reader for display.

You could store the binary before display to the server, just TRANSFER <pdf binary xstrin> TO DATASET. After filling the form and saving locally, you may transfer the local file to server (GUI_UPLOAD) and then transfer it to server dataset.

That's at least what I expect. I can not yet try in our system because we can not create really interactive forms. The fields are not fillable although reader rights credential is installed. Hope Basis can solve the issue.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Clemens. But i guess there will be problem in carrying the steps mentioned by you.

User can modify the fields in the print preview stage and he will try to save the save locally. Now.. as per your suggestion "You could store the binary before display to the server, just TRANSFER <pdf binary xstrin> TO DATASET." then user entries couldnt be captured...

and regarding the "After filling the form and saving locally, you may transfer the local file to server (GUI_UPLOAD) and then transfer it to server dataset", -> from print preview, i cant perform these actions as i'm not sure, where the user has saved the file.. unless i explicitly control the user to save a document in a particular location.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check CG3Y and Cg3z Tcode and inside function module if helpful use it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply... But we cant do the same i guess.

Please explain the same in detail if you have implemented the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create on presentation pc a network link to unix server path. then when the popup ask you to save file, use the link.