Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO with storage bin

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my problem is this: I'm execute a GR with type movement 101 in according to PO and with WM activated:when I save to execute the movement the system give me the message 'Storage bin...... does not exist (check your entry)' L9009, in my case the storage bin is blank.

It's true,my storage bin on the position is blank,I want to insert a value but the field is not editable and I can't to activate it...

My purpose is that to insert the storage bin manually because this GR must a movement also in WM...

How can I activate the field of the storage bin?

Thanks in advance,bye

Maximilian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Massimiliano,

Genrally, we do not define the storage bins in MIGO when posting GR. I think standrad concept is to post the goods into an interim storage type (interface; 902). System generates a TR and processing this TR you can create a TO and realize WH movement - quants will be put away into "normal" storage type based on your puatway settings.

This is just one possible scenario.

I suggest you should check WM/IM interface and WM movement type settings based on OSS note 388909:

SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement Types

SPRO > LE > WM > Activitis > Transfers > Define Movement Types.

SAP online help on WM/IM interface:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f83bfa4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

If you checked your settings and still problem persists or you have question please come back.

(of course if it is progran error you should contact SAP AG but I suppose it's only improper config / master data)

Regards,

Csaba

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

first of all thanks for your kindness and informations:I think to have set up correctly the customizing such as follow:

1) Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Activities -> Transfers -> Define Movement Types.

ZAL 101 Goods Receipt for Pur.Or. with ZAL my Warehouse Number

Cat Stor. Bin FxdBn Scr.

Src ZA1 with ZA1 my Storage Type

Dest

Ret TO Creation 1 Puta

TO Confirmation 1

Shipment Type E TO Display

Requirement Type B Purchase Order

2)Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Inventory Management -> Define Movement Types.

101 GR goods receipt x B 101

101 GR goods receipt x x B 101

ZAL 101 B 101

3) My master data has obviously the tabs Warehouse Management 1 and 2 with label 'Palletization data' and 'Storage bin stock',there are not storage strategies.

Then I create a simple PO with a logical storage 1000 relate to my phisycal storage ZAL and during the MIGO the tab 'WM' appears correctly but when I register the GR the system gives the message L9 009:if I enter in:

Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Activities -> Transfers -> Define Movement Types.

ZAL 101 Goods Receipt for Pur.Or. with ZAL my Warehouse Number

Cat Stor. Bin FxdBn Scr.

Src ZA1 ZASB X

that is I put a fixed storage bin ZASB the GR is executed correctly (without message L9 009)sending the stock in storage bin ZASB automatically but my customer ask to decide the destination storage bin during the GR:in fact I notice that after the registration of the good receipt the field of the storage bin is opened when the storage bin is fixed in customizing.

In your opinion is it possible for you to decide before the destination storage bin or it is mandatory to is to post the goods into an interim storage type and then create a TO ?I have notice after of all that the field 'storage bin' exists on the position of the MIGO..

Thanks in advance for your patient and kindness,I hope to have explained better

Best regards and thanks very much again

Maximilian

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still this issue is not totally clear.

1) Which storage bin field do you thnk of in MIGO (when you are performing the GR)? What is its technical name?

GOITEM-LGPBE? --> it is the IM storage bin field from material master's plant data / storage view. It is not editable.

Or can you define the use of storage type / storage bin fields in MIGO for mvt 101? It is possible to define storage type / storage bin fields for movement types >261 - e.g. 311, 501, 561 and this way you can post the stock directly to storage bin.

2) System gives (normally) error message L9009 if

- it cannot determine storage bin

- the determined storage bin doesn't exist (<empty> storage bin doesn't exist also)

SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Transfers > Define Movement Types

Cat; Stor. Bin; FxdBn; Scr

902; <empty>; <empty>; X --> will work, system will determine dynamic storage bin

001; <empty>; X; <empty> --> will work if in MM03 > WM2 view fixed stoarge bin (MLGT-LGPLA) is maintained for the material

902; GRBIN; <empty>; <empty> --> will work if "GRBIN" exists (it has been created via LS01N)

001; <empty>; <empty>; <empty> --> will work if you can give the storage bin when posting GR

<empty>; <empty>; <empty>; <empty> --> will work if you can input storage type / storage bin when performing GR

As for mvt 311, 561 you can allow storage bin field in OMJJ (field slection) and in MB1B / MB1C you can input these fields manually when posting the goods movement.

I couldn't achieve to add storage type / storage bin to MIGO in case of mvt 311, 561, 101 - if you can (please tell me how) then you should be able to realize your scenario.

Otherwise maybe you should consider the use of immediate TO creation. Ths means that when posting the GR system posts the quant to the interim storage type and immediatly you can create a TO (suitable transactions starts). Maybe this workaround can be used.

Regards,

Csaba

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba,

It is correct that I must create an interim storage type and immediatly I can create a TO after the GR in which the stock enters in the storage bin automatically,I think that is not other chance such as you have anticipated to me.

Thanks again for your clear explanations,best regards

Bye

Maximilian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dirk_freyaldenhoven
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maximilian,

create storage bin manually with LS01N or customize system to create storage bin automatically.

Best Regards, Dirk