cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3: Steps for "Periodic Background jobs for Risk Analysis"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In July 2007, Subrat Singh and Sirish Gullapali published a document titled "SAP GRC Access Control: Background jobs for risk analysis and remediation (formerly Virsa Compliance Calibrator)" where it was described the details of synchronization, batch risk analysis, management reports, order of executing background jobs etc. for CC 5.2.

In such article there was detailed information of the way such jobs should be executed in separate jobs or all in one based on if it was a full or sync process.

My questions:

1) All this CC 5.2 information is still valid for 5.3?

2) Based on experiences, which is the best practice to execute periodic risk analysis executions? Separate jobs? All in one?

3) Is it fine to run full process (sync, batch risk analysis and management report) after incremental ones? Or a full process should run just for the first time?

4) Is it fine to run risk analysis process for several systems or they should run in separate jobs?

Many thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find my answers:

1) All this CC 5.2 information is still valid for 5.3?

YES

2) Based on experiences, which is the best practice to execute periodic risk analysis executions? Separate jobs? All in one?

In my case we planned to run the full sync jobs monthly and the incremental jobs daily.

It is better to run the full sync jobs as seperate jobs and you may schedule the incremental once as all in one job.

3) Is it fine to run full process (sync, batch risk analysis and management report) after incremental ones? Or a full process should run just for the first time?

You can plan running the full sync jobs monthly. For the first time you should run the jobs in full sync mode. It is fine to run the full sync jobs as needed after the incrimental ones.

4) Is it fine to run risk analysis process for several systems or they should run in separate jobs?

In the system field you can choose * for the job to run for all the connectors.

Thank you,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Partha mentioned, all of the information in that whitepaper is still valid and relevant for 5.3. You should run Full Sync for the first time and every month to make sure RAR is not missing any information. Also, you should separate out user/role/profile sync, user/role/profile analysis and management reports in 3 separate jobs.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am not mistaken, for changes to the risks/functions (new rules upload, etc.) to take effect on the analysis, a full sync in required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

If we make changes to function/risk in rule archietect tab, then it will give the button to update the rulset so that we can make the changes effective for that risk/function & no need to run full synchorization.

Thanks