cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remote access non-RFC capable function modules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I want to retrieve and delete business partner information from my SAP system. Therefore I tried to access the function modules BUP_PARTNER_GETLIST, BUP_BUPA_DELETE from my Java application using JCo. However these functions are not RFC-enabled modules. I cannot enable them because they are using references in their parameters, I think.

So my question is: What are my options to call these functionalities from Java nevertheless?

Do I have to wrap these function modules with an RFC-enabled function module written in ABAP? How to do this? Or are there other options?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

Yes you need to wrap them up in RFC enabled function modules. Create a new function module of type RFC which will have the same import and export parameters as in these BAPI's. Call the BAPI in the RFC function module.

Regards,

Jitendar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ute,

As the access via JCo is often accompanied with the restriction not to do any changes in the SAP system I usually end up searching for a while for appropriate RFC-enabled functions. E.g. for business partners there's quite a few BAPIs starting with BAPI_BUPA*, e.g. BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_GETDETAIL or BAPI_BUPA_GET_NUMBERS.

Didn't see right away a remote enabled function module for deleting business partners, but often you'll find something if you're willing to look for a while. Sometimes even a simple cross-reference on the non-RFC-enabled function module that you're interested in helps as often SAP has implemented already RFC wrapper modules.

Cheers, harald