cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are creating SC and POs for services in SRM. Invoices are matched in ECC. If a service has been ordered and fully confirmed but invoiced to a higher value than what is in the PO the invoice is getting blocked and appears in MRBR.

This triggers a change process and the Buyer will have to change the price in the PO so that it matches the invoice (if agreed with the vendor). However, the service entry sheet that gets created automatically during confirmation still have the "old" price. This makes it impossible to release the invoice from MRBR automatically since SAP is comparing the invoice value with the value in the service entry sheet.

We do not want people to access MRBR and release them manually due to SOX compliance.

Have anyone else had this problem? What solution was applied?

Sincerely

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders

We don't use Service entries in ERP as such, so I don't know much about them.

Our users carry out confirmations in SRM for limit orders and that produces a Service entry in ERP and then the GR doc.

That just seems to be the way it works or doesn't work very well in our case.

We do run MRBR as a scheduled job to clear all our invoices nightly.

Sorry I could not be of more help with Service entries maybe someone else can provide theri experiences in that area.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

The issue I described only relates to SRM limit order PO's with blocked invoices, standard type SRM orders/invoices use MRBR for clearing with no problem.

Also Limit order invoices that match the PO will clear OK with MRBR.

Glad I was able to help.

Allen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen

So you don't have any problems with Standard POs with service items?

Is MRBR cleared automatically when you change the price in PO?

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

We have a similar problem and are introducing bespoke code to prevent invoices being entered unless there is a matching SES and GR in the ERP system.

You may wish to inspect FI entries for Limit orders/Service orders that are not matched as we are finding that FI entries are incorrect when posting invoice for SRM Limit orders when there is no SES/GR. Reversals can leave the GR/IR account unbalanced.

The only solution is to reverse out the invoice, re-enter the SES/GR and then enter a correctly matching invoice.

Most common problem we have here is that Confirmations for Limit orders in SRM the user needs to enter two lines, one for the net invoice price and a second for the VAT, (UK Tax). If this is not done then invoice entry is compromised and everything has to be backed out and re-done.

In ERP invoice entry is only prohibited if there is no SES/GR for the first invoice entered after the first SES/GR has been entered any number of invoices can be entered and they will block if not matched against a SES/GR. Manual clearing, (Not recommended as you point out), or reversing everything and starting again appear to be the only solutions.

If I have misunderstood your invoicing problem then accept my apologies. The advice given by others regarding invoice tolerances is also relevant to the process of course.

Hope this helps

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Allen.

We will probably change the process so that the invoice is put on hold if price changes are over the limit. Then we will not have to reverse the invoice.

To bad that this has to be done since the automatic release of invoices in MRBR is a pretty nice solution.

Thanks again!

/Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can maitain the Tolarence Limit in SRM to avoid bocking the Invoices.

Path: SPRO -> SRM -> SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Set Tolerance check.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we want to block the invoices and release them automatically only when we are in agreement over the price with the vendor.

How to change the Service Entry sheet. Possible in SRM or in ECC when it has been created automatically by the system?

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In ECC: T.code: ML81N - To change the SES.

In EBP: Confirm My Purchase order/Confirm Centrally -> Change confirmation (SES).

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to change the SES in SRM or ECC. I think this is due to the fact that you order a service of quantity 1 and when you confirm that service a SES is being created automatically. And that confirmation (SRM) or SES (ECC) is not possible to change.

Is there any enhancements regarding this area? This could not be the first time someone has this problem.

Sincerely

Anders