cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline text box should be accepting text from top but not middle!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am designing an interactive form where I have multiline text input box. When data entered it is starting at the middlle of text box rather than at the top. I need text at to be displayed starting at the top. Can we do this?

Please suggest me how to solve this.

Regards,

Srinivas Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ah, that probably means you use some margin (tab Layout), remove top margin and that should move this upwards:))

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there's no top margin or any other margin set for the text. When I complete entering the first line and press enter, the line entered is moving upwards. Please check once in one of the form. you will understand.

Thanks for the reply though.

Srinivas.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perform following steps:-

1. Select the TextField element --> Right Click --> Select Palettes --> Paragraph

2. Click |> sign in Currently Editing properties --> Select Edit Value.

3. In next line choose the 3rd option from right i.e. Align Top.

Chintan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you need to change the vertical and horizontal alignment of the text, right? In your LCD, menu item Palettes there are sub-items Font and Paragraph. Click on them to see them and use them. But note there is a bug in SAP GUI. If you want to see the (e.g.) Font palette in a form layout in new window, it can be seen but not moved. You need to open the form layout (LCD designer) using tab Layout in SFP, not a button, display both palettes, move them to the side where do you want to have them and then you can see it in the new window layout as well.

Hope this solves your problem,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I am sorry. I think you did not understand my problem.

I have Input text field. I made it to multiline so that it can accept 255 characters and diplayed in 3 lines. But when I enter data, the text is getting entered in the middle line (For example at 2nd line place) rather than at the begining i.e., at the first line.

Hope you understood my problem.

Regards,

Srinivas