Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre,Post,OverWrite Exit for web dynpro ABAP methods of component,view

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is i have created overwrite exit for method of component controller in one enhancement implementaion say ENH1, and i also created overwrite exit for same method in another enhancement implemenation say ENH2, it means i have two different implemenations now,

My questions here is, will both Enhancement implemenations will "execute", if yes in what order..

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion all the implementations will be executed but the order of execution is not guaranteed.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just wondering, suppose i have created overwrite method and SAP in later enhancement may provide new functionality for the same method, which means that new enhancement may not available as we have created overwrite exit for the method!!

How can we solve this Problem, i mean if i want SAP enhanced functionality in my overwrite exit how can i achieve this??

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid the information that Manas gave you is incorrect. In an overwrite method, the enhancement completely overrides and replaces the original method. Both versions are NOT executed. This is the risk you run with the Overwrite enhancement - you are choosing to completely replace the SAP delivered logic.

From the Online Help:

The overwrite exit method takes on the signature of the original method and overwrites it. This means that an overwrite exit is executed instead of the original method.

At runtime only one overwrite exit can be active. If several overwrite exits are active, a runtime error occurs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/dc/e6ba426b81da11e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

Answers (0)