SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Variant Programs(System Modifications/User-Defined Enhancements for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

as per my client requirement ,need to create variant program

Use the tool for developing variants in SAP in the IMG:

/SAP Utilities/Tools/System Modifications/User-Defined Enhancements for Billing/User-Defined Variant Programs/Define Variant Programs

as per the client need to modify existing FM asper the requirement,

so can you please explain as per (User-Defined Enhancements for Billing) the requirement is there any right FM ,so that u i can modify the same...

Please suggest me ..

Thanks

Durga.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I am not completely sure if I understand completely your question, however

- in IS-U Billing you can define your own variant programs (customer enhancement, i.e. z-program logic) via using the path which you are describing or by using the transaction EA88. The variant program you create should start with zxxxxxx. You can copy-paste any standard that is close to what you want to implement. In the variant program definition, you should specify the input and output operands, the variant controls if any and the line item type.

- After saving the variant program, you should create the respective function module. The function module should have the naming convention isu_zxxxxxx. You can copy your function module from an existing one, that is close to your requirements. When you save and activate the FM, SAP directly links the variant program created with the FM.

Hope it gives you some further hint,

Regards,

Bou.Lis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I am not completely sure if I understand completely your question, however

- in IS-U Billing you can define your own variant programs (customer enhancement, i.e. z-program logic) via using the path which you are describing or by using the transaction EA88. The variant program you create should start with zxxxxxx. You can copy-paste any standard that is close to what you want to implement. In the variant program definition, you should specify the input and output operands, the variant controls if any and the line item type.

- After saving the variant program, you should create the respective function module. The function module should have the naming convention isu_zxxxxxx. You can copy your function module from an existing one, that is close to your requirements. When you save and activate the FM, SAP directly links the variant program created with the FM.

Hope it gives you some further hint,

Regards,

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the information,

here my requirement is needs to calculate in output operands

as like below

The number of billing periods per year

* = 12 / u201CPeriod length: monthsu201D*

so as per the my requirement is

a) Select the Meter Reading (MR) unit from the installation in the actual time slice,

b) and then select the Portion from the Meter Reading (MR) unit.

2. Read the period data from the selected portion.

3. Convert the period data u2013 se details below

4. Return the output operands

Operands

Input operands

None

Output operands

INTEGER The month part of the data field u201CEnd of Billing Periodu201D

INTEGER The number of billing periods per year

= 12 / u201CPeriod length: monthsu201D

The two output operands are calculated from the two data fields from the database table: PORTIONS (TE420):

Field Data element Data type Length Decimal places Short description

Data field 1 TERMERST ENDEABR Dats 8 0 End of Billing Period

Data field 2 PERIODEW PERIODEW dec 2 0 Period length: months

as per the my requirement i have copied the varianat program COMPUT97 andthe corresponding FMisu_comput97,so

can you please help me in regarding this logic ,please give me if you have any suggestions from your side ..

as per the my requirement is the correct variant program to modify?or any?

Note.can you please tell me how to copy variant program

Thanks

Durga.K