cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS configuration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring STMS for my BI systems which are on AIX 6.1.I've made QAS as my domain controller and included DEV into it.DEV and QAS are on the same host and share the same trans directory.PRD is on a diff host and has got its own trans dir.the permissions for trans dir in both the cases is 755 with owner sidadm.

When i am trying to include PRD in QAS domain the system is registerd in the domain but when i approve it in QAS the STMS becomes inconsistent.I am not even able to check PRD from QAS,similarly DEV/QAS from PRD.it gives an error of unkonow system PRD in transport system.

PRD as a domain controller STMS is configured but i can't include dev/qas into this.pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was with the Filesystem,instead of dedicated /trans i've mounted trans directory of TDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

The problem is that your DEV and QAS trans directory is shared but PRD is having a different trans directory. Since all these three system are in a landscape, please share the trans directory of domain controller, which is QAS in this case, to all the three systems.

So at this point of time I would recommend you to proceed like this--

-Delete the existing TMS configuration.

-Share the trans directory of domain controller QAS among all the three systems.

-Reconfigure the TMS.

Please go through this link to get a clear picture.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/b4a0a77acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Edited by: Sourabh M on Feb 12, 2010 2:13 PM

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be due to TP.

Check your TP versions/patch level on all DEV, QUA and PRD Systems. Please maintain same level of TP vesrions/patch level in all Systems.

Change your TP level accordingly in PRD system, and then try perform the same activity again.

Also Distribute TMS configuration again from the TDC.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik,both the tp versions are 372.04.70.

I created TDC for PRD alone and created domain link to QAS.but when checking connections it was giving the same error os PRD not known in TMS.

But 2 diff TRANSDIR should not pose a problem right.the systems are in the same network and i was able to telnet to one anothe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

To configure TMS you need to have a common transport directory for all the three systems. Please go through this additional link also along with the previously mentioned link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/de/6b0d84f34d11d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But sourabh,

SAP also supports STMS between systems of diff TRANSDIR,right?

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please analyze TMS Alert Log.

STMS->Monitor->TMS Alert ->TMS Alert Viewer

Please test All RFCs.

STMS->Monitor ->RFC Connections

Please perform TMS:Check Transport Tool

STMS->System Overview ->SAP Systems ->Check -> Transport Tool

Check weather the "Update Configuration" works for the included Systems.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

":TMS configuration for PB1 not up-to-date" this is the message i get when after inclusion of PRD into QAS domain.I tried to distribut the TMS configuration but nothing happenened

In tms alert viewer i have these error messages

TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN UNKNOWN_SYSTEM.

when i try to do sap system>check>connection test. i get System PB1 unknown in Transport Management System

sap system>check>Transport directory

sap system>check>Transport tool also fail with the same error given below.

I've iniitialised CTO using SE06 and configured STMS lot of times

System PB1 unknown in Transport Management System

Message no. XT110

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the TMS communication layer.

System: DE1.DOMAIN_PE1(000)

Function: TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN

Error: UNKNOWN_SYSTEM (PB1)

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Log this system on to the Transport Management System.

If this error occurs in the function TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN, then the TMS configuration was deleted in the SAP system DE1.DOMAIN_PE1(000).

Configure the TMS in this SAP system again.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please delete TMS Configuration of PB1 system. and try to add PB1system again in the same TMS Domain and approve the same in TDC.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavik for your support,

I've done this lot of times,TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED.this is the error i see.

i am able to telnet from and to both the nodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Can you try once changing the domain controller. Delete the existing TMS configuration and reconfigure it by making your DEV system the domain controller. Also please check the write permissions of /usr/sap/trans directory.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar