cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per the Client Requirement, thay want to track the versions in the Quotation, There is a option in S&D Sales Order Versions, Can any body help me how to config., Sales order version in Quotations.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhusudhan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAdhu,

You may need ABAP consultant help on this, i can brief you the steps which can be useful to do this.

Below are suggestion for version field fro ABAP for your consultant

Create a u2018Zu2019 Table to maintain the required data/values for version field. Create a custom tcode to maintain the values in this z table.

Create a search help using the above ztable for the above version field. Tcode- SE11

Get the access key for the (access key R3TRTABLVBAK for Version field maintenance) and add the search help against the field VSNMR_V in the table VBAK. Tcode-SE11

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your replay,is there any possibilities in standard without going for development,

my client requirement is thay want to track the revision of quotation in quantity wise and value wise.

regards,

madhusudhan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for posting so late in this thread but just want to answer if any one is interested:

1. Assign the sales document type VSH1 to your sales area

2. Assign the desired number range to above document type

3. Assign your item category to the above document type

4. In sales order VA02, go to Edit>Additional Functions>Version Data>Transfer

This will create a new document as a new version with reference to your original document having only the item data.

You can make changes in your version document. Once changes are confirmed you can copy the version to your original sales document.

You can even create multiple verisions of a sales document. and compare each version.

Hope this will resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wouldn't be the change log of the sales document sufficient for tracking purposes (environment => changes)?

btw. If you need some kind of approval functionality - what's about delivery or invoice block, reason for rejection, order reason....?

Martin

Edited by: Martin BN on Feb 18, 2010 8:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales document version number

The version number in the sales document header specifies the engineering status of the sales document. It is the number of the version last used to update the data.

You can maintain the field manually.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your replay, in configuration i given my quotation document type, in VA21 Transaction i maintaned version number in header V1 and saved then i select Main Menu->Edit->Copy-> To create new version V2 system giving error like "Item 20000002 000010 has no versions" 20000002 =Quotation Number,000010=Line item Number.

System is not allowing to create new version by using old version.

can u help me regarding this issue.

thanks & Regards,

Madhusudhan