cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable General Maintenance Tasklist

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have made a Configurable General Maintenance Task list. When I assign this Task list to a Maintenance Order, a characteristic value screen is triggered, when I enter the value, the relevant operations are imported to the order.

But the value i enter is already available in the Equipment Master on which the order has been created.

My requirement is automatic filtering of operations from the super Task list without having to enter the characteristic value.

Please help.

Edited by: K Jogeswara Rao on Feb 12, 2010 9:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I dont know whether your issue is resolve or not. I couldn't reply in time. Please check the following point in reparing the Configurable task list.

1) Do not assigned any characteristics value in the configuration profile of the task list you are preparing.

2) Do not assigned any characteristics value in the configurable material master which you have assigned in the equipment or FL master. ie in Material master classification.

3) Do not assigned any chracteristics value in the equipment master characteristics .I mean the equipment master classification . It doesnt play any role in the equipment master classification. You can even avoid assigning any class or characteristics value .

4) Assinged the chracteristic value in the configurable material in the configuration data tab of the equipment master. After assigning the value individual config check box should be activated automatically.

5) Lastly, Maintain the dependencies in the Task List . hope you have done it.

I think it should work. System should give the pop up screen with the characteristic value you have assigned in the equipment master.

DP

Edited by: DP SINGH on Feb 23, 2010 3:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this can be done, The config screen requesting characteristic information for filtration will come up on the dialog process. The characteristic values cannot be read from the Object associated to the order.

You could define your own custom functions on the screen and thereby populating the values for the characteristic from the object by using user exit CEI0000 [sap Help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/89/4e6a8458f811d290ba0000e8a49aad/frameset.htm].

Regards

Narasimhan

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narasimhan Sir,

Please follow the link below:

[SAP help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/5b/ae34624b8611d182ba0000e829fbfe/content.htm]

wherein in point no.3, it has been mentioned that this is possible.

I remember, i read at few other places of SAP library.

For your kind information sir.

Regards

Jogeswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jogeswara Rao,

If the task list selected is a configurable general maintenance task list, you must enter the valuations for the characteristics, which the system displays depending on the configuration profile for this task list.

· If the reference object for the order belongs to the same class as the configurable general maintenance task list and characteristic valuations have been entered for the object, then the system also proposes these characteristic valuations here.

It doesn't say that the characteristic value of the reference object will be automatically applied.

It indicates that if the object and the task list belongs to the same class with the characteristic populated, then the system will PROPOSE the characteristic valuations in the pop up screen. I haven't been able to accomplish this as well. The value that's defaulted on the pop up screen has been the value that's defaulted in the Configuration profile.

Regards

Narasimhan

P.S please post PM/SM related questions in the EAM forum so that you might get a quicker response.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the time, The values are maintained at both places.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

I quick clarification. Where have you assigned the chracteristics value for the equipment master?

Is it in the equipment class /characteristics or is it in the configurable material class/characterisitics which you must have define in the equipment master.

DP