cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping List is showing all items in the repository of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SAP SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0. The issue we are facing is Shopping List is showing all the items in the repository. Catalog Search is working properly and showing only those items which are assigned to relevant mask and calling through external webservice ID. Also, we don't want to share shopping lists among users. Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If each employee should have each Shopping List, you have to create all users in MDM and pass username = SY-UNAME in catalog call parameter.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

When an individual user creates a "Shared" Shopping list (by selecting Yes in Shared), other User can see the shopping list. But while accessing the Shopping list, authorization check is there.

Error Message: "Insufficient authorization for this operation on selected shopping lists"

This can be controlled via UI configuration for MDM user. But I just wanted to confirm whether the authorisation can be controlled for SRM or Portal users also? (since owner of Shopping list will be the SRM or Portal User) Is there any authorization Object for accessing the others Shared Shopping Lists?

Pravin

Edited by: Pravin Narvekar on Feb 16, 2010 5:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We don't want to create separate shopping list for each employee in SRM-MDM. We are planning to allow user to create shopping list as per their requirement. They will create shopping list with owner (mdmuser) but in description field, they can enter XYZ's Shopping List. The issue is users are seeing all catalog items in the repository regardless of masks assigned to catalog items. Also, we want to disable the share shopping list functionality.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, there is no issue about Shopping List. Your issue is mask setting, right?

Please check the OCI parameter for mask. It is case sensitive.

You can also assign mask to role in Console.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search functionality is working fine. Search tab is showing only those results that are assigned to mask in Data Manager and calling through OCI parameter mask. But when we select Shopping List tab, it will show all items in the repository. For example, I assigned 10 items to Mask A and I am calling catalog through OCI parameter MAsk A. In the Search tab, SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is showing 10 items but when we click on Shopping List tab, it is showing me 50 items (total items in the repository).

As per SAP configuration guide, either we can assign mask to catalog items and calling that mask through OCI parameter Mask in external web services or we can assign mask to role in tables & fields in Console and assign that role to MDM User (OCI parameter User in external web services). So I am using the first approach.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the test result with 2nd approach? It looks a bug.

For shopping list for each user, parameter 'sl_user' is available. Please test and let us know the result.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1153525

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with second approach also but also facing the same issue. Since both approaches are showing the same issue, I want to proceed with first approach as it is easy to use. Also, I tried sl_user OCI parameter while creating external web services but it is not working. Also, we don't want to create separate shopping list for each and every user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am facing the same problem. I did what the Note said, but whenever I try tro create a shopping list, it comes an error "the user is Insufficient rights for operation".

In the pop up to create the Shopping List, the field "Responsible" is not editable. There appears not the SRM user, but the OCI user....

What is missing?

Very thanks,

Ligia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a simular problem.

Please help with the following situation:

User A - Catalog XPTO , with catalog- named-search AA

User B - Catalog XIOW, with catalog- named-search BB

User A, creates a Shopping List, called BTW that is shared.

User B sees the Shopping List BTW and the articles that are listed are not contained in his named-search.

In this situation, User B can't buy the itens of this Shopping List, as they are not part of their catalog BB.

How can we cut the acess of these itens, for user B?

I mean, User B can't buy them, so there must be any error ou any way of not showing them... Do you know any?

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful, thank-you. Was wondering if you knew of a way to upload userids into the MDM Console in order to provide each user the ability to have private shopping lists. We have a number of end-users and did not want to manually create each user.

Thanking you in advance

Answers (0)