cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I need to create a inspection lot for a confirmed production,is it possible.I take UD for Production order.Then shift the material to warehouse.Then i find the product is not perfect.I need to create an inspection fo this material,manually.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No not possible.Your order is laready confirmed.For the same confiremed production orde you can not have one more lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Then how to create an inspection lot manually,for the material in stock?Should i activate another inspection type in MMR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use 89 inspection type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to enter the production oreder number,there is no way to enter the PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can ose short text filed for prodcution order.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested this in system with a process order that had a status of TECO and CNF.

Using QA01 I enterred the inspection type and plant. Left material blank.

On first screen I enterred the production number and then the batch number and quantity.

When I hit return, the specification was assigned and sample size calculated.

I clicked on save.

No problems.

A manual, non-stock relevant 04 inspection lot was created with reference to a process order that had the statuses of TECO and CNF.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

which inspection type did u use 89?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using 03 only,bcoz we dont want production to be interrupted due to quality clearance.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't create more then one 03 inspection lot as you saw.

You need to specify more clearly what you are trying to do when you post. This is the first time you mentioned you were trying to create an 03 inspection lot. You only mentioned production with reference to a production order before. Which an 04 achieves.

Since the manually created 04 is not stock relevant how would it interfere with production? Maybe if you can give us some more details about exactly what you are trying to accomplish it would help us.

Why not just create your 04's when you do the GR from production but have the material go right to unrestricted instead of QI? You don't hold up production that way but have a place to recrod results.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the quality guy does not clear the material on time,there will be delay in shipping.So i have activated only 03.The matl is picked

by warehouse guys,as the production goes on.the production order is also confirmed.When the order is confirmed when they

find the lot qty is defective they need to create a inspection lot for this.That is why i activated 89,but here it is asking to enter

the manufacturer number & vendor number which i dont want.

Any other inspection type which can be activated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. activate the 04 inspection lot. But in the settings in the material master for the 04 inspection, click OFF the "Post to QI" indicator. When you do this, any inventory goes right to unrestricted inventory. Shipping can pick the material and ship it to their hearts content.

The quality guy can take a week to clear the inspection lot if he/she wants to.

If you really want to get slick, use DMR to have all the 04 lots created as SKIP lots. Set a wait time on skip lots in the plant QM settings of say about 10 hrs. Set up the automatic UD program to process the skip lots and run it every hour.

When you confirm production, an 04 inspection lot with skip lot status will get created and all stock will go to unrestricted inventory. If everything is good, ten hours later the 04 lot is processed automatically. No one touches it. If something is bad, the quality person has ten hours to access the inspection lot and record results, defects, problems, create notification, etc.... whatever you want them to do.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use inspection lot for hust re-record result without doing any physical inventory then you can create manual lot at QA01 for your case.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I know i can create Insp lot thro QA01.but the problem is when i try to create lot with ref to confirmed production order the throwing a error message as

Diagnosis

A maximum of one inspection lot may exist for an order.

Procedure

Enter another order or cancel processing.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transactoin QA01. Enter in the inspection type 04. Hit return <Enter>

The system should prompt you for production order or process order number. Enter the number and hit return. Complete any requried fields. SAve.

The lot is not linked to any stock and cannot be used to move stock. It is for recording results only.

Craig