Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Cost Center analysis authorization for summary and detailed reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a business requirement for BI reporting to be able to allow report users access to certain Cost Center reports for all cost centers (summary view) but also also access to more detailed Cost Center reports (drill down ability) to the same users.

My question is this possible with analysis authorization with knowing the cost centers, the key figures used this these reports, and the cost center hierarchies structure.

My BI report designer tried to test using jump queries but he has said it is unsuccessfull.

Thanks for the advise.

Nghi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I substituted a ZCOSTCENTER (with ref to 0COSTCENTER so I could use the hierarchies) in my summary FICO infocubes so that summarized data is available to all; but the drill down report (based on Line Item DSO) has the actual 0COSTCENTER infoobject in it so that security is enforced in the drill-down report

5 REPLIES 5

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you used to maintain the respective Cost Centers for each user? Are they stored in any custom table?

There can be a way to define a customer exit variable (need to take help from ABAP consultants) which will read the access of each user to their respective CC node of CC hierarchy and pass that variable to the analysis authorization field 0COSTCENTER. Also you need to enter this criteria at query designer level for the reports those set of users are going to execute in following manners:

under Global Settings, please select the following options:

Type of Variables: Hierarchy Node

Processing By: Customer Exit

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, if the user - cost center is not maintained in such a way then you may need to define a custom table to store these data.

This way, you have to maintain this table manually (probably) and only ONE Analysis authorization will suffice all users access and thus a single role is enough.

Another option is to create analysis authorization for each set of hirarchy node and thus needs a big list of roles for such segregation. Maintenance effort is much more.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right now I have an excel sheet with the list of users and their corresponding Cost Centers.

I was planning to create the custom authorization analysis (113) within rsecadmin and assign accordingly to users.

There is also the cost center hierarchy node that I was planning to tie in with the auth analysis as well.

From your comments, I could accomplish my requirements to allow access to all cost centers (summary) and specific cost cneters (detail) with a customer exit and a custom table and tie in the hierarchy node variable in the query? I'm going to speak with my ABAP developer to see about this.

Any further information please let me know (if I can do this without ABAP/customer exits). Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you have create manually individual analysis role for each cost center Or use customer exit as earlier suggested.

There is no another way possible.

Best Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I substituted a ZCOSTCENTER (with ref to 0COSTCENTER so I could use the hierarchies) in my summary FICO infocubes so that summarized data is available to all; but the drill down report (based on Line Item DSO) has the actual 0COSTCENTER infoobject in it so that security is enforced in the drill-down report