cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please explain me the Revesion level assignment check box which we get in transaction DC10.

And also please tell me the application of this when we create a document.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

There is only one setting that needs to be done for revision level assignment. In transaction DC10 for a particular document type the Ass. of. rev. lev. (Assignment of revision level) flag needs to be checked. This will take care of revision level assignments.

If you set this indicator, the system sorts the revision levels in the predefined sequence - irrespective of the alphabetical sequence of the revision levels.

For further information on the usage of revision levels please see the SAP Online Doucmentation at http://help.sap.com under Logistics - Logistics - General - Engineering Change Management - Revision Level

I hope this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Addition to information from Christoph and Amaresh, following information will help you to understand how ECM and DMS is integrated and application of the same.

Engineering Change Management (ECM) :

ECM was found to be one of the key processes in the PLM area for several reasons:

- The history of objects, such as documents or BOMs has to be stored

- Changes should only be effective under defined conditions (effectively parameters)

- The change process has to be documented

- The consistency of products can only be guaranteed if we use a formal and controlled change process

- All people affected (including data consumers) have to involved into the change process

With SAP ECM, All the objects that are affected by a change are grouped together in a change master record in the change department.

Integration with DMS

You can enter a change number in the basic data in the document info record. This change number Identifies,

- A change master record

- An engineering change order

Prerequisites

- Customizing for the Document Management System

- Change Master Record

Revision Level Assignment

The change number is entered in the document info record. There is a one-to-one relationship between a change master record and its allocated document version. You cannot change the entry for the change number once you have saved it in the document info record.

For Ex,

The revision level indicates a released processing status of a document.

The following sequence of revision levels has been defined for documents:

R1, R2,...R20

The following document is being processed:

Document ABCV-1234, Document Type DRW, Document Part 000

Versions to which consecutive revision levels are assigned:

Version 01 Revision level R1

Version 02 Revision level R2

Version 04 Revision level R3

The next version that is released with reference to a change number is assigned revision level R4. Revision level assignment is automatic for documents when a version is released with reference to a change number for the first time.

Thanks,

Samir

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh

Please explain me the Revesion level assignment check box which we get in transaction DC10.

If you set this indicator in DC10, the revision level is automatically assigned to a document, when it is released with reference to a change number.

please tell me the application of this when we create a document.

It is relevant only when you are using ECM (Engineering Change Management).

I hope this helps you.

Amaresh Makal