cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download product category hierarchy from ERP to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please share the configuration steps to download ERP product hierarchy to SRM?

Idea is to list the hiearchy under R3PRODHIER.

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What we can do we can write a program and upload via files SPREAD SHEET.

CUSTOMER HIERARCHY

STATIONARY.

PENCIL

PAPER

FUELS OIL

LUBRICANT

Lot of study reuired how really they use in the business. it is simple to upload. how use them in future for procurement scenario.

i believe there is a note for this to upload product category hierarachy. i believe SAP recent;ly released a note .

once you upload , you can not change the product category. that is the disadvantages of this facility.

ut this helps only in catalog , if you extensively use hierarchy search.

before that iWE wanted to know what is the main product category you really used for production for procurement.

UNSPSC product categories are herarchy based only. This product categories are really driving some business categorisation and purchasing department segrication and involve them to give responsibility. etc.

Thanks

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

I investigated further and found that the download of Product category hierarchy is a standard functionality to CRM but not SRM. In CRM the category hierarchy R3PRODHIER is mapped to Sales application.

Anyway downloading product hierarchy to SRM is not going to help us much, so we are now planning to download materials only.

Meanwhile if you can find the SAP document to upload product category hierarchy then please do share.

Thanks,

Sandeep