cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Adapter (Asynchronous Call)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario is Proxy to Webservice asynchronous call.

Scenario configuration is done as follows.

1) Imported the WSDL and using as a asynchronous inbound interface.

2) SOAP receiver channel is configured with the target URL & soapAction as given in the WSDL as (soap address & soap Action).

3) Configured the proxy server details as required.

SOAP channel is successfully sending the message to the application as DLVD.

But the issue is target application not receiving the data. What could be the reason ? I am wondering , i have tried with the external tool like Altova XML Spy & SOAP UI sending data to the webservice & it's working fine.

Please suggest me if anything which can help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it seems like you delivered the SOAP-call successfully to somewhere

because if the SOAP receiver channel is not showing an error, then it delivered the call.

If host and port and SOAP-action are correct, the problem is then probably on the other side (connection between their SOAP-adapter and their application maybe).

You can use network tools like tcpmon to see what is really going on in the HTTP traffic. This is a thing where XI is quite bad, it is difficult to get that information for SOAP.

I also recommend soapUI, this is a very good tool for tracking SOAP problems. Execute the call from there and see what happens. It shows the detailed result of the server. You should then be able to see what is going on and pass the problem to your partner side.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Right .. you have understood exactly what problem i am facing in this sceanario.

As per your suggestion, i have tested the same using the same WSDL through SOAP UI tool and it is reaching the webservice and giving back the response successfully.

Could you please elaborate exactly, where could i see the detailed info in SOAP UI tool which can help me to solve this problem in XI.

Because the application is not receiving the data through XI and using external tool like SOAP UI and Altova XMLSpy it's doing fine.

Will try my luck with other tool like tcpmon and TCPGateway to trace the SOAP request going to the application. Please guide me if anything you find useful to solve this.

Thanks

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you can do the following:

1. start your tcpmon or TCPGateway, add there a listener e.g. on port 9090

2. configure the target URL in TCPGateway for this listener

3. configure the target URL in your XI SOAP Receiver Adapter to http://<ip of TCPGateway>:9090

4. now execute the scenario again in XI

(make sure XI can reach your TCP Gateway, e.g. check Proxy)

I have used this method successfully for error tracking. In some cases it is necessary to add 2 listeners in TCPGateway and route e.g. 9090 to 9191 and from there to the end (I did not analyse why).

Then you will be able to see what XI is really sending and you will see the full response from the partner side. You can then compare the XI request data with those which are sent via soapUI. This should give a clue about the problem.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Would like to share more details about my sceanrio .

Here in a scenario, webservice is running outside the network.

So do i need to use Party here as a receiver for the webservice ?

Can't we use Business service or Business system as a receiver for their webservice ?

Please suggest me on this

Thanks

Ashwin Kumar Dhakne

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

-->In the receiver SOAP Adapter check the Host and port number which you maintained Configure Proxy Settings.

-->Also check the status of the receiver SOAP adapter in the RWB under communication channel monitoring.

-->Did the message is coming to the Integration Engine?Check using transaction SXMB_MONI.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting any error message from the webservice? If yes, what is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Chandra :I have matched & using the correct WSDL as i have tested it with external tool XMLSpy & SOAP UI and it is working fine too.

@Hwee Ping Han : No error message from Webservice and XI is sending message successfully to the application.

But the application is not receiving any data.

Webservice is outside our network and we are using proxy server in the SOAP Receiver Adapter to connect to the application.

Any help which can move me forward to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Ashwin

0 Kudos

You better compare your WSDL used in the mapping Vs Webservice publishing WSDL.

check that port is open from XI system.

Are there any logon credentials.

better you provide WSDL Files..

Regards

chandra