cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound MQ with extended character sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to send to PI data containing Swedish characters in both xml and non xml payloads.

The message is placed on an MQ queue (version 6.0.2.3) with a JMS header that has a ccsid of 1208 specified.

The PI adapter is specified as JMS | WebsphereMQ (non-JMS) | JMS Compliant and the payload module has

AF/Modules/MessageTransformerBean | Plain2XML | Transform.ContentType | text/xml;charset=utf-8

The received characters are not displaying correctly, which is a theme on several threads from the past but I've been unable to determine the solution.

I am more familiar of the MQ side so please excuse my bias. I already send extended character sets to other applications using jms over mq and we've tried using the same values on the MQ side to not avail.

In MQ we set the MQ header to the queue manager default but there is a jms specific additional header preceding the payload that specifies that the payload is utf-8.

From my perspecitve I can't see that PI is reading the JMS header at all (in fact if I remove it it has not effect) but we want it there in order to set some extended metadata properties.

When I look at the data on my queue as it leaves MQ it looks correct to view and in hex.

How do I get PI to recognise the JMS properties I've specified (its known as an mqrfh header in MQ).

Any advice, guidance, documentation to a PI novice would be most welcome.

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You apply the CCSID in JMS sender adapter. As 1208 stands for UTF-8, this should work.

Make sure, that the messages are real UTF-8 messages.

If the Swedish characters are wrong, could you post how they look like?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for the replies Sarvesh and Stefan.

I had read your previous replies on this subject, but was still stuck.

The delay in rep[lying is because we were wating for a reply from the Sap Support team.

They have now acknowledged that there may be a fault in the MessageTransformBean.

Its still only a may, but at the moment all your other suggestions have been used but not worked.

I'll update again when I get further information.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look to this thread, it may give some pointers...

Regards,

Sarvesh