cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had migrate our development and production data from sun solaris/Oracle system to Linux / oracle system.We had created TMs landscap for transportation of request. But when we create transport and transported into production after release successfully. But objects are not appearing in Production server. No error found during creating/releasing and transporting the request but object not transfer. One thing we notice that when transport request released successfully than an message following line:

Import Steps not specific to transport request.

my new RFC group name in Development (cydsap_CYD_00) and Production(cydsap_CYD_00) is mismatched.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your transport routes. check that when you release your transports, these are not considered as local change request.

if this still does not work, show us your TMS routes and config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for your reply.

I had check transport route again and following are the Hirarichel display of TMS.

DOMAIN_CYD 0004 Two System Configuration

- Configuration Status

CYD System Development (LINUX)

CYP System CYP Production

Single Systems

- Transport Layers

SAP Transport Layer for SAP Standard Objects

ZCYD Transport Layer ZCYD

Target Groups

- Transport Routes

- CYD System Development (LINUX)

-5 ZCYD Transport Layer ZCYD

- SAP Transport Layer for SAP Standard Objects

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had check our TMS configuration and to test we had following steps:

1. create a new transport request CYDK901189, it create new internal order type named (ZPRT).

2. released request from development server and transported to Production server.

3. order type in production not appearing via kot2_opa but entries in table as shown in request object has been updated (T003O, T003P, TKO01).

I had checked also our old system and test it successfully worked.

Where did wrong step for new system?

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 3. order type in production not appearing via kot2_opa but entries in table as shown in request object has been updated (T003O, T003P, TKO01).

> Where did wrong step for new system?

Make sure your buffer synchronization (especially parameter rdisp/bufrefmode) is properly set up in the new system:

Note 14754 - Profile parameters for buffer synchronization

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

in Development and production servers both have rdisp/bufrefmode is sendoff,exeauto. But before I was giong to change the parameter, these parameter also set as sendoff,exeauto in old Development and Production server.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Did you start the transaction to check in a new mode or with a new login?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I am trying in development server now.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I think the parameter rdisp/bufrefmode is used for other purpose in SAP System. It is used to synchronize the different Table Buffers located at individual SAP Instances memory with the DDLOG table entries.

Does this parameter is having any relationship with the symptoms mentioned by Syed ? If yes, then May I know it "How" ?

Hi Syed,

Have you verified all TP steps of that Imported Change Request into PRD box, using Import History with detailed view (Import History->Edit-Expand). Check the return code of each TP steps, which are executed for that Imported Change Request.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I think the parameter rdisp/bufrefmode is used for other purpose in SAP System. It is used to synchronize the different Table Buffers located at individual SAP Instances memory with the DDLOG table entries.

Not only - if you read the note mentioned it (also) says:

Buffer invalidation (exeauto) should always be set so that changes to buffered
 objects that arrive in the system by transports are also synchronized. The setting 
exeoff is permitted only for test purposes.

So this affects all buffered objects.

Markus

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Correct me if I am wrong for the following point.

As said by Syed, his DEV and PRD system is having sendoff,exeauto value in rdisp/bufrefmode parameter.

So, The value sendoff of this parameter will not force the SAP system to log each change to buffered data in the table DDLOG on the database.

and as per the sentence mentioned in that suggested SAP Note,

Buffer invalidation (exeauto) should always be set so that changes 
to buffered objects that arrive in the system by transports are also synchronized. 
The setting exeoff is permitted only for test purposes.

The value exeauto of this parameter will enable Buffer Invalidation checking. It will enable the periodic check of the validity of their locally buffered data against table DDLOG. And It is correctly set as "exeauto" in Syed's systems.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bahvik for your reply.

I had set TMS configuration successfully because the transport request successfully created, released without error and transported into production server without error. Even table shows in request I had checked it manually where the changed entries exist in production server. I had checked import history as mentioned by you, there is no red mark and requested number exist with return code 4.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The value exeauto of this parameter will enable Buffer Invalidation checking. It will enable the periodic check of the validity of their locally buffered data against table DDLOG. And It is correctly set as "exeauto" in Syed's systems.

True - I didn't say it's wrong, I just wanted to verify it's set accordingly - that's all.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

issue has been resolved.

Binding of this Thread:Parameter of rdisp/bufrefmod is off as default, however Parameter file of both server development and production server is inconsistence and I had made it consistence at single entry level, before this starting parameterwas not calling when SAP start. I think there is reason to not transport the objects.

Thanks to all viewers and specially to Makrus and Bhavik.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Answers (0)