cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Business Partner functionality in SRM 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure few of us must be using SRM7 by now. Can you please check and let me know whether you can use Manage Business Parter functionality in SRM7 or not?

If yes then please share the SRM as well as portal role.

We would like to remove supplier tag for one of our business partner.

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You need to have SRM administrator role to get access to manage supplier.

Go to External Business partner query - supplier, select the vendor and click edit.

Thanks,

-Devi Swain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devi,

This would help me to change the tagging of business partner like supplier or bidder. I remember in SRM 5 we use to have a Manage business partner where in one can pull the accepted potential supplier from registration system to SRM as Supplier or bidder. I am unable to find this Manage Business partner transaction in SRM 7.

If you look the SRM role for administrator you can see the Manage business partner transaction, but it not available from Portal.

Any idea how do we get access to that screen from portal?

Regards,

Sandeep

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain Supplier Directory catalog, you see the button "Add External Supplier From ..." in the "Create Supplier" WebDynpro. Please double check that you have maintained a Supplier Directory catalog. Business Type of WebService should be "Supplier Directory".

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

I did notice the 'Add external supplier from' in create supplier or bidder option. However there is a small catch and your experience may help.

Let me explain the requirement and scenario here in SRM 7.

We are implementing the Registration of Supplier scenario; both ROS and SRM are in same client. When a potential supplier registers themselves in the registration system, a BP number is created (an Internal number range is defined for this). After accepting the potential supplier in pre-select screen the purchaser has two options to transfer the potential supplier from the ROS system to SRM

Option 1: He can select the accepted potential supplier from the supplier directory option and transfer the business partner to SRM. In this case the business partner number of the potential supplier is retained in SRM and a business partner with supplier and bidder tag is created. However the purchaser does not have any option to select which type of business partner he would like to create like supplier or bidder.

Option 2: Purchase can go to create supplier or bidder option and choose the u2018Add external supplier formu2019 from the ROS system and create the business partner. The ROS business partner details are copied to the create supplier screen, but the purchaser have to provide an external business partner number for the supplier. This is because we have defined external number range for business partner for the vendors that are replicated from ERP to SRM.

Objective is the ROS business partner should be retained in SRM with option to create as supplier and bidder and then manually create ERP supplier with same SRM BP number and map against SRM supplier.

Is there any way we can achieve this?

In SRM 5.5 with Manage business partner functionality we could achieve as system give us the option which business partner type we would like to create as well as retains the ROS BP number in SRM.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep ,

You mentioned about manage business partner transaction in 5.0 . Is this transaction availaible in SRM 4.0

And also could you tell how exactly we should type in this transaction.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

what do you mean by "With suppliers directory option system should transfer BP from ROS to EBP with same BP".

Where can I find this option? How does it works? Where can I find the customizing?

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

my problem is, that I get an error messase "BP number already exisits". If I clear the corresponding field, I can save the BP.

But the BP gets another number than in ROS.

I think, if I separate the clients it will work. But in our test environment I would like to use only one client.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

In case of ROS and EBP on same client, make sure that the SRM system is defines as EBP_SUS and not LOCAL.

With suppliers directory option system should transfer BP from ROS to EBP with same BP.

But if you try to create it via 'Add external supplier' from Create Supplier, it will issue error message business partner already exist due to single business partner.

That is the reason why we moved to two client scenario.

I think its a limitation with single client implementation.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

did you find a solution? I'm using ROS and SRM in one client. I want to transfer the accepted supplier from ROS to SRM using the same business partner number. Is it possible?

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

Yes it is possible to transfer the Accepted suppliers from ROS to EBP when ROS and EBP are on same client. However there are some limitations as mentioned in the OSS note 573383. XI is not required as per OSS note 1134978. I raised this issue to sap and sap recommends separating clients. So now we are going with separate client for ROS and EBP.

To change the transferred supplier status to Released you need to check the portal vendor check box while creating the supplier. If the supplier is transferred via supplier directory then system does not automatically update the portal vendor check box. You can open the supplier in edit mode and update it.

I did implement OSS note 1404217, but it didnu2019t work for me.

However the limitation with single client is that the supplier directory option always transfers the supplier as supplier and bidder. Which means it does not give option to transfer the business partner only as bidders. The way Manage business partner use to give in SRM 5.

Refer to my to set the EBP system as EBP_SUS then only the business partner are transferred from ROS to EBP.

Hope I answer all your answers.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed