Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS-DB MIG DB2 to ORACLE,Status LIST_UC of the user interface MENUSYST

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did heterogeneous system copy from AIX-DB2 Z/OS to AIX-ORACLE. The export/importation was completed successfully.

After migration, I was upgrade the kernel to the latest patch 240 on AIX server. The instance was bring up successfully.

The problem is when we connect to the instance, each time we want to exit the program or try to cloising the window, we receive this error message:

Status LIST_UC of the user interface MENUSYST missing

Message no. 00264

Diagnosis

The specified GUI status either does not exist or was not generated.

Procedure

Use the Menu Painter to check whether the status required actually

exists. If it does, then generate the interface MENUSYST (using the

Menu Painter).

To try to solve this problem, I was invoking the tcode se41 (menu painter) with the program MENUSYST. In the status field, when I click to the pull-down, I see these values:

MENUSYST

BDC Batch input

CATT CATT

CTU CALL TRANSACTION USING ...

INI Logon screen

LIST List

MEN Screen

So, in this list of values, LIST_UC is not there....

Some missing steps in my os-db migration ??? How I can generate this value for the program MENUSYST ???

Thanks!!!!

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution to solve my problem is:

Status LIST_UC of cua status MENUSYST is actually missing in the system.You should transport the cua status from another 7.00 system where this

status is present in order to fix the issue.

Transport object is LIMU CUAD MENUSYST.

So, you should have unicode instance and create a transport from this instance with the object LIMU CUAD MENUSYST and import this transport on the OS level with the tp command.

Ragrds

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did and SAP will be connect to my new instance to see what happening...

I let you known the problem....

Thank you very muche for your help...

Regards,

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I was executing the tcode SPUMG and I was create the Unicode Nametabs. Everything was working fine...

During my export, I don't receive any error... I was splitting 10 tables to decrease the time to export my instance.

Ben

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes I was executing the tcode SPUMG and I was create the Unicode Nametabs. Everything was working fine...

Ok - in that case I'd open an OSS call and let the support have a look on the system. Something went wrong during the migration...

Markus

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Yes... I did all steps in the system copy guide. I revised all steps and I don't miss anys steps....

Ben

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not only a system copy, it's a Unicode migration.

Did you run transaction SPUMG in the source system and did all steps there?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your other post you talked about Unicode problems - was your migration factually a Unicode conversion? If yes, did you follow all the step in the guide? It's not enough to just export the system as Unicode, preparation and post installation steps have to be done, especially because not all data is "transparent" (pool tables, binary data etc.)

Markus

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok thanks... I'm waiting your answer....

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, But I ain't an abapper!

Maybe someone else has a better solution than mine.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would call an abapper to the rescue. They might know how to fix this.