Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS-DB Migration AIX-DB2 to AIX-ORACLE, Program XX is not unicode-compatible

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did heterogeneous system copy from AIX-DB2 Z/OS to AIX-ORACLE. The export/importation was completed successfully. After migration, I was upgrade the kernel to the latest patch 240 on AIX server. The instance was bring up successfully. But, my problem when I execute some programs I receive short dump with this error message:

The program XXXXXX is not Unicode-compatble, according to its program attributes.

To resolve this problem, in transaction se38, I open the program in error and in the menu, I select GOTO -> ATTRIBUTES. In the attributes window of the program, I check "Unicode checks active", save, generate and activate and the problem is solve.

So, my question is: How we can identify all programs with the same problem ???? I don't want to call each program in my instance to see if the programe Unicode-compatible...

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can identify all non-unicode programs by performing the following:

-Transaction UCCHECK

Variant1

-Object Name: Y, Z

-Object Type: Leave empty (Selects all types)

-Maximum number of programs: (999999)

-Other parameters: Leave at default settings

Save as variant for later use and execute in the background.

Variant2

-Object Name: Leave blank

-Object type: Specify FUGS and FUGX

-Uncheck (Check only programs where the Unicode flag is unchecked)

Save as variant for later use and execute in the background

Variant3

-Object Name: Enter all the names of modified objects as reported in the modification browser SE95. If the list is too long for normal entry, capture the objects in s text file on your pc by copy/paste or possibly by direct selection on table SMODILOG, and use the import from text file in the multiple selection.

-Object type: Leave Blank

-Uncheck (Check only programs where the Unicode flag is unchecked)

-Check the check modified sap objects also

Save as variant for later use and execute in the background

Once all non unicode programs have been identified proceed by making it unicode compliant. Use the transports generated in DEV and promote it to QAS and PROD once testing is complete.

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yep

benoit_larose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bonjour Eric,

I executed SQL query in database to see how many programs have the X value in the column field UUCHECK. The result is 1744450 on 2605248 programs. This is normal I have 860798 programs with no check in column UUCHECK ???

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was your os-db migration actually a unicode conversion?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bonjour Benoit!

You can check contents of table TRDIR, field UCCHECK.