Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Designer - Internal problem error

tabbai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed BOE XI 3.1, Crystal 2008, Xcelsius 2008 SP3, LiveOffice 3.1 and finally, SAP KIT. Everything worked fine including SAP Authentication and Universe Designer. I was able to create some OLAP Universes.

Now, all of a sudden Universe is not connecting to the BOE Enterprise with an error Message 'Internal Problem' and 'Open Session: Unexpected error'. Is this a known issue and if so how could I resolve it?

Thanks,

Tamyalew Abbai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing similar problem. Were you able to resolve this issue.

When I try to login to Business Objects XI 3.2 data services Desginer-> It opens the 'SAP BusinessObjects Data Services Repository Login' Window. I eneter the ODBC data source, Username and Password correctly.

It gives a message: The following users are already logged on: Do you want to 'Reset users', 'Continue', Exit.

When I click on either 'Reset Users' or 'Continue'.... it opens the splash window, yellow color, 'SAP Business Objects Data Services XI' and hangs there....

I tried re-installing 3.2, but that did not help...

Also the user which it mentions in the error message, The following users are already logged on: , is the user which I use to log in to my system.

Edited by: LaRaju on May 24, 2010 9:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Tamyalew & LaRaju:

I've come across this error message before, and for me, it began after I had to close Universe Designer suddenly (using Task manager).

To resolve this, you will have to remove some files from your machine (client side).

Go to the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your userid folder>\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\lsi

In the lsi folder, you'll find some .lsi files that are named after the servers that you've connected to. Go ahead and either delete, or cut/paste it to another location (in case you want to save these as a back-up).

To my knowledge, these .lsi files keep information on your login and your system for various BOBJ tools. Removing these won't cause any harm or damage to anything. I've had to do it many times when working with Universe Designer.

Once you've removed the .lsi files from the folder, your Universe Designer should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Brilliant!! This works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter Tran.

One of our user is experiencing "Open Session: Unexpected error" while logging into DESKI.

we had deleted lsi files, deleted user preferences for HKEY user, uninstall and installed the packages but no luck.

But the same machince we could login to DeskI without any issue.We had installed BOXI3 SP3 FP3.5 ,HOTFIX_3.5.42_B01 and HOTFIX_3.5.43_B01.

Do anyone has rootcause/ workaround to fix the issue.?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a really old thread, you perhaps should have started your own.

Anyway, what's the behaviour like on a clean installation without those LAFix ?

Regards,

H

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ozan_eroglu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks it worked for me as well.

my file location was different because of the installation.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing similar problwm. Were you able to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create oracle database connection and universe based on this connection in universe designer. I have created data base connections using SAP but not using oracle. Can somebody help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Shobana.

0 Kudos

Hi

did you install/upgrade XCelsius 2008 SP3 after you have installed the other packages you mention?

Regards,

Stratos

tabbai
Explorer
0 Kudos

I installed Xcelsius 2008 SP3 before SAP KIT, but after the others.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Did you install XCelsius SP3 on the same machine your BOE Server is installed?

Regards,

Stratos

tabbai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I did.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Ok. Do you get the error for all your OLAP universes or just for this one?

Regards,

Stratos

tabbai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just for the Universe Designer and this is happening when I start the designer and click OK on the logon Window. It was working fine until yesterday afternoon and it started doing this towards the end of day yesterday.

Thanks,

Tam

0 Kudos

Hi

can you please check the validity of your license key on the BOBJ server (CMC->License key)?

Are you able to export dashboards with XCelsius in your BOBJ server?

Regards,

Stratos

tabbai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have temporary keys which will expire at the end of March. My licenses include BOE Premium, Voyager, Dashboard, Performance Management and some others. What is the required license for Universe designer? I did not create anything in Xcelsius. I have also removed Xcelsius hoping it would help, but still a problem. Do WEBI and Voyager share license?

Thanks,

Tam