Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Universe Designer - Internal problem error

Hi All,

I installed BOE XI 3.1, Crystal 2008, Xcelsius 2008 SP3, LiveOffice 3.1 and finally, SAP KIT. Everything worked fine including SAP Authentication and Universe Designer. I was able to create some OLAP Universes.

Now, all of a sudden Universe is not connecting to the BOE Enterprise with an error Message 'Internal Problem' and 'Open Session: Unexpected error'. Is this a known issue and if so how could I resolve it?

Thanks,

Tamyalew Abbai

Former Member
Former Member replied

@ Tamyalew & LaRaju:

I've come across this error message before, and for me, it began after I had to close Universe Designer suddenly (using Task manager).

To resolve this, you will have to remove some files from your machine (client side).

Go to the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your userid folder>\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\lsi

In the lsi folder, you'll find some .lsi files that are named after the servers that you've connected to. Go ahead and either delete, or cut/paste it to another location (in case you want to save these as a back-up).

To my knowledge, these .lsi files keep information on your login and your system for various BOBJ tools. Removing these won't cause any harm or damage to anything. I've had to do it many times when working with Universe Designer.

Once you've removed the .lsi files from the folder, your Universe Designer should work.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question