Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted User Master Data with SQL Server Management Studio

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I've, recently restored an ECC 6.0 backup onto a test system. In an attempt to quickly delete most of the User Master Data from the source system, I deleted the User ID's from the USR02 table using SQL Management Studio.

But within Transaction su01, the User ID's that were deleted that way, still show up in the "F4" search. I can select one of those deleted ID's, but get an informational pop up stating that the user does not exist, if I go to display.

Does anyone know of a quick way to delete these User ID's from the "F4" search pop up?

The only way I've found so far is to select the User ID, recreate it and then delete it from the su01 transaction. This is going to take me hours.

Tried to save time, but caused more of a head ache.

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Completed by Hand, one at a time.

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As a thought for next time... Why not have just done a user/profile copy from client 000 into the target client(s)? Typically we have only the Basis team defined in 000 and 001, so this works well for us.

Brian

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian

Yes, I have done this in the past as well. Although for this instance, I needed to keep about 20 of the 100 + User ID's that were in the system, and was hoping for an easy way to do it.

In Table USR02, it was easy to pick all, but the 20 and delete. (Sometimes we think we're smarter than we really are I've since spoken to a Security team member and found out about there's a way to do "Mass" changes in transaction su01.

tcode us01 -> Environment -> Mass changes.

Ken

Live - Learn - Laugh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In Table USR02, it was easy to pick all, but the 20 and delete. (Sometimes we think we're smarter than we really are I've since spoken to a Security team member and found out about there's a way to do "Mass" changes in transaction su01.

>

> tcode us01 -> Environment -> Mass changes.

Or simply use transaction SU10

Markus