cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP 46C SR2 on x86_64 SLES10 and Oracle 10.2.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to migrate SAP 46C from AIX to SLES10 x86_64 to provide space to upgrade to ECC6.

We have ordered the 4.6C SR2 NEW ORACLE LINUX installation kit but are not sure how to proceed. There doesn't appear to be a 4.6D Kernel ORACLE LINUX/x86_64 cd as I would have expected and the standard "R/3 Installation on UNIX: Oracle Database 4.6C SR2" guide does not make things any clearer.

Could anyone point us in the direction of some releavant installation documentation or kernel?

Thanks

Jon Palmer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention

Note 816145 - Installation 4.6C SR2 on Linux x86_64 with Oracle

That's probably what you're lookin gfor.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thts's what I was looking for.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

from Note 816145 you will be refered to Note 946141, but there is one error in this paragraph:

Download the Linux 32-Bit Kernel CD from the SAP Software Distribution Center on SAP Service Marketplace at 'http://service.sap.com/swdc --> Download --> Installations and Upgrades --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP Application Components --> SAP R/3 --> SAP R/3 4.6C --> Installation --> LINUX --> ORACLE --> Kernel 4.6D_EX2 Linux on IA32 32bit

Here you are advised to download the "Kernel 4.6D_EX2 Linux on IA32 32bit", but you have to download "Kernel 4.6D_EXT Linux on IA32 32bit" (which is CD 51020565).

You have to use EXT Kernel because R3SETUP cannot handle the Oracle 10 client which is used by the EX2 Kernel. After you installed it, you can change the Kernel to EX2.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a not concerning those kind of installations:

Note 946141 - Inst. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 10.2 with R3SETUP

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get older software, it might be easier for you to order it by opening a message at SAP under component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP

Godo luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I believe I have the correct kit. I am just unsure of how to proceed. From the PAM it appears that SAP 46C is supported on SLES10 x86_64 but there doesn't seem to be a kernel CD available for this combination.

If there is no kernel available I'm guessing you may have to install a 32 bit kernel and replace the executables at some stage but I couldn't find any relevant documentation.

Regards

Jon

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would install it as 32-bit, then upgrade to 64-bit. It's as easy as upgrading a kernel. Just run SGEN after this.

As for Oracle, I beleive you should be able to install it as 64-bit from the beginning. If no,t install as 32-bit and upgrade binaries to 64-bit. Read /people/huseyin.bilgen/blog/2008/09/05/system-copy-with-oracle-10g-from-64-bit-to-32-bit-on-windows to convert database to 64-bit easily. This procedure is for 64 to 32, but it's the same process from 32 to 64.

Good luck!