cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Send XML PO to Vendor in SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear my mates!

I am freshman in SRM erea, and now our user wants to send XML PO to vendor website by URL.

Our process is below:

User uses external catalog by OCI interface to create PO in SRM, and PO is generated in SAP rather than SRM, then user does not want to fax PO to vendor and she wants to send XML PO to vendor website by URL.

Does any expert implment this solution before? and Could you tell me how to do it? which is really appreciated!

Feel free to discuss if you face the same issue, we would get improvement each other!

Thanks for your kind suggestion and help in advance!

Best regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general this requirement will come in the case of CCHUBWOO (external catalogue) procurement.

Standard system will have the functionality that where you have to maintian the vendor master with EDI as the output type and also in SRM under manager business partner, you should select XML as the output type.

In ECC maintina the condition record with EDI as out put type, as soon as the PO is created in ECC an idoc will be generated in ECC and the same will be sent to the external catalogue.

Hope it will vie you some idea about how it works.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Once the PO IDOC is generated in R/3, you can convert the IDOC to XML and send it to Vendor.

For convertion you can use XI or any third party tool like - TIBCO to modify the XML to the desired XML format and send to Supplier.

Thanks,

-Devi Swain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear my experts!

First of all, thanks for your kind information and help.

Secondly, as you talk, we need to have XI sever or other EAI tool to convert idoc to XML, then maintain vendor's partner profile to send idoc to XI server, and XI convert idoc to XML PO, then send to vendor. Could you confirm whether my understanding is correct or not?

Last but not least, is there any way for us to send XML PO without EAI tool, like XI, Webmethod, etc...

Thanks for your help again and it is really appreciated!