Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 255 characters in a table text field

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i am facing a problem (in WD Alv too) that i can not display more than 255 characters in a single text field.

I want to display a table containing a description field without a limitation of its length. As soon as providing a (formatted) string longer than 255 characters of length, no interactive form is shown on screen.

Debugging a while, the following error message occurs;

ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception - PDF render operation exception, reason code: 0 : InvalidXDPException: Xml parsing error: reference to invalid character number (error code 14) ...

Does anybody have similar problems to mine?

Did anyone resolve the issue to show more than 255 characters in a table in interactive form?

Regards,

Florian Royer

Edited by: Florian Royer on Feb 11, 2010 2:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds weird:)) Is there any output to ST22?

Well... the problem appears in the portal. Does that mean that if you test the WD from SE80, there is no problem? Can you please try? I have experienced portal doing some tricky things:))

Have you changed the WD context or used data types/ structures recently? If yes, maybe you havne´t regenerated the form context? or maybe you can check the XML source of the interface if it is possible there is some data type mismatch.

Otto

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved - the problem was the content, not its length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian, how did you resolve this error? Kindly explain to me in detail, i am also facing the same problem.

The field is a table type QISR_TAB_TYPE_STRING of data type STRING.

The field accepts data of upto 900 characters, adjusts accoring to the subform, but when i click on 'Check and Send' button, it refresh and showing the truncated text which is only 255 characters. I have also checked "Allow multiple lines". Thanks.

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe i get closer to the point - providing a string (select string from table) >255 characters - it works fine.

but even providing the string by using the BAPI_BUS2174_GET_DETAIL and concatening it causes an error.

so i think it is just a problem how to provide the data.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This code is not WD form, but SFP form. I didn´t get the problem, did I? That has nothing to do with WD?:))) Otto

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos

The more i debug, the more i think it is not a problem of the form.

following code returns sy-subrc = 2?

call function mv_function_name
    EXPORTING
      /1bcdwb/docparams  = fp_docparams
      is_data            = ls_attributes_pfs
      is_decisions       = ls_decisions_pfs
      control_parameters = ls_control_parameters
      it_options         = it_options
*{   INSERT         DPMK900098                                        2
      is_wb_data         = ls_wb_data
      is_blockdiagram_data = ls_blockdiagram_data
      it_prm             = lt_wb_prm
      it_wb_vave_prm     = lt_wb_vave_prm
*}   INSERT

IMPORTING
      /1bcdwb/formoutput = fp_formoutput
    EXCEPTIONS
      usage_error        = 1
      system_error       = 2
      internal_error     = 3.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you explicitely regenerated the Adobe form interface from the WD designer? I think it is don edouble-clicking on the form name or something like that. Otto

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos

No, there is no output in st22.

the wd component is called

/RPM/UI_FACTSHEET

it is a custom dynamic form.

I changed data type string to char length 10.000 and activated - nothing changed

florian_royer
Participant
0 Kudos
CALL METHOD lr_service_manager->retrieve
        EXPORTING
          iv_bo_name       = 'cPro_Project' "lv_bo_name "cPro_Project
*      iv_bo_name      = cl_dpr_api_co=>sc_bo_cprojects "
          iv_bo_node_name =  'Longtext.Root' "lv_bo_node_name "Longtext.Root
          it_keys         = lt_ltext_key
          iv_edit_mode    = '0' "iv_edit_mode "0
        IMPORTING
          et_data         = lt_longtext_mast
          et_failed_keys  = lt_ltext_key_fail.

READ TABLE lt_longtext_mast INTO ls_longtext_mast INDEX 1.

MOVE ls_longtext_mast-longtext TO ls_action_item-zz_description.

This is how i get the text with format (line feeds).

zz_description is type string.

My table is on a page, wrapped in a subform. and zz_description is type text field.

Yes, i maintained "allow multiple lines" and did not limit length somehow.

The problem arises in portal, pressing the preview button of a zform. providing a string <255 characters of length, everything works fine.

Edited by: Florian Royer on Feb 11, 2010 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you set your text field properties to Adjust automatically for height/width? that shouldn't really make a difference because your text would be there anyway, just unable to see the entire string.

i would do a couple things:

1) pass a hardcoded string to your zz_description field - use both less than and then greater than 255 characters to see what happens.

2) change your zz_description from string to char1000(or something large) and re-generate your interface.

I had a similar issue when I was passing >500 entries to a dropdown listbox. suddenly, the form would short dump when I tried to render it.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have never seen such a thing. Check:

1) what is the type of the field in the backend you bind the Adobe form field to?

2) what is the Adobe form field type? Text field?

3) did you mainatin the "allow multiple lines" or limited the lenght of the field (both text field, tab Object)?

4) when the proble arises? immediately when you launch the WD? after some action?

Regards, Otto