cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Date Picker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any date pciket UI element available . I am not able to see any in type of UI elements avaiable in my NWDS.

Thanks

Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriyam

If you choose Input filef UI element and bind context attribute with properties 'DATE', it will automatically show the date picker.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arun,

Thx it worked.

Are there any ready made date validations available for this.

Thanks

Supriya

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya

it will validate your date field, if you want explicitly do the date validations then you can do coding. Yes, ready made date validations are available.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thx for teh reply...

Can you provide the code for validations or should i do explicitly.

Thanks

Supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to write validation code. The DDIC runtime contains that code already.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Binding the input field to an attribute of date type will automatically bring in the date picker and the standard validations for that. So, you needn't worry about it. In case you need to have your own date format and your custom validations over it, then I am afraid you would have to bind this input field with a string type attribute and have a dateNavigator UI element as popup on click of a button next to input field to browse for date, but it would unnecessarily be an overhead on performance of the application.

Regards,

Tushar S

Answers (0)