cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I developed an Adobe Interactive Form, through SFP transaction, which shows the technical data of a product with many photos (logo, product image, accessories, and others) loaded with URLs from the Content Server. Then, we also created an ABAP report which ask for the product number, retrieve all product data and call the interactive form with it.

The program works fine with most of the products, but in some cases, it returns an exception and not opens the form. It seems that fails when there are too much images loaded in the form. Debugging, if I remove enough URLs of images (any particular) from the parameters of the function module associated to the form before it is called, the form is opened correctly.

So, is it possible to be an ADS or J2EE memory problem? Maybe increasing the limit memory usage it will work? In this case, can somebody tell me how to do it?

Of course, i've executed the ADS tests (FP_TEST_00, FP_PDF_TEST_00, FP_TEST_03, rpData method, etc.) and all of there works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Debugging the ABAP program I've seen the errors that are being generated when it fails:

system_error --> ads_error --> SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionFault : SOAP fault found in SOAP document /Transaction system failure in method rpData./<ns1 (100102).

And in the default trace of the j2ee server I can see this list of errors (in order) every time it fails:

Service XMLFormService: Native process (PID=2460) G:\usr\sap\NW1\JC01\j2ee\os_libs\adssap\XMLFormService\bin\XMLForm.exe terminated abnormally with error code 128

Processing exception during a "Render" operation.

com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception during render: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE;

Transaction OnPrepare on com.adobe.service.ResourcePeerImpl@43ae1811 failed.

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: Could not connect to host and port "host":"port"

[EXCEPTION] com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseEJBException: Transaction system failure in method rpData

Versions and patches:

J2EE 7.00 SP14

ADS version 800.20070708051308.406522

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again, I wonder if you have resolved the problem after all. I (we) would love to hear the solution from you. Can you share it with us, please? And close the thread, regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

sorry for not responding.

Finally, ABAP developer changed the program that loads the adobe form to avoid loading many images. So for now the problem hasn't recurred.

I would like to continue making tests to solve the original problem, but I can't spend more time to this project.

Should I leave this thread open or mark it as answered?

Thanks for all. Regards, Rubén.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again, are there any news regarding your problem? I still have the feeling, you don´t understand what i was trying to tell. If you would load the picture data in your backend, there won´t be any problem with the URL length. Probably you can load the image data by a function module with no extra work at all. Then you´ll pass the image data into a form, set the embed image data (means image data are stored in the PDF and there is no loading any further, local PC or network). Then you should get a "dead" form (no loading) with the pictures.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets debug this out! I have never worked on such a solution (so many pictures...).

1) Size of the pictures: You do have a link to the pictures, browse them with web browser, save to desktop and check the size:)) Well I don´t see any obstacle.

2) Picture type - ok

3) How do you use the pictures? Did you notice there is the "embed image data" checkbox in the Image properties?

4) how does your form work when you save it? it is small accessing the pictures again and again through network?

5) I didn´t get what you´ve said about the simulation. You pass the URLs to the form, so you can simulate these URLs? That is how you test it?

6) I don´t get this "PDF size (if I save to disk) is quite slower" - how can size be slower?:)))

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

1) The problem is the URLs length (4096). In the form I only see the pictures, and if I debug the program I can't see the complete URL. I even tried saving them into a table, but SAP didn't allow me to use more than 255 characters. I also tried making a 'GUI_DOWNLOAD' of an URL to an txt file, but then I realized that the clipboard don't allows this length.

3) The pictures are NOT marked as "embed image data", because I understood that in this way it loads the images dynamically.

4) My intention was that the images were loaded through the network at the time it was accessed, but I've tested removing my network connection and the pictures are loaded anyway. So the images are embedded into the PDF.

5) Debugging, I tried replacing the CS URLs by my own URLs (images from internet) in the program, and saving the PDF that is opened; and then I repeated the test through SFP directly and also I saved the PDF to disk, and I realized that the size of the file generated is quite SMALLER (sorry, I'm not English and sometimes I make a mistake ) ) with the SFP than with the SE38. How is it possible?

Thanks.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would recommend you not to use the URLs but to load your pictures from CS in your backend coding, convert it to XSTRINGs and send them to the form. Maybe this approach can let you control the CS/ form performance problems (with some try catch coding for example...). Maybe it is a lack of memory (on client or network capacity).

Can you please tell how many pictures do you display (and what their size).

Are you sure that all the pictures have the right picture type? I mean you´re not allowed to display any image type in Adobe form.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to display about 30 pictures, I don't know how to see their size (the pictures come from the Content Server using URL).

I think the pictures type isn't the problem, because removing some images, which can be anyone, I can see the rest of them. So, making various tests and removing different images, I can see all the pictures in the form (in different executions).

Moreover, making more tests I've realized that if I simulate the same parameters executing the form from SFP transaction, it works fine! And the PDF size (if I save to disk) is quite slower than with SE38! Why did it happens?

Any idea about how to solution this problem? Anyone know how to increase the memory size limit that ADS can use?

Thanks.