cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer between MaxDB servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have portal development system and portal production system.

Both are using MaxBD database.

We started use portal development and lots of data accumulated in the MaxDB custom tables.

We want to transfer table structures and data into production MaxDB database.

How can i transfer them.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you know the table names etc. you can do an export and import and transfer the data to the target system. Just search around in the forum. We covered the same topic several times in some threads.

Regards

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which tool must i use for export/import (DB studio?).

Where can i download it?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

all you need is the so called loader. The loader is available and fully integrated in the Database Studio (which can be downloaded from the SAP Service Marketplace) and it is available as a command line tool. The command line tool comes with the regular MaxDB runtime environment. Usually it is installed on the server per default.

Regards

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I instanlled Database Studio in my win 2003 server.When i start database studio it reports error below

Error:

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Dbstudio. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: D:\sapdb\programs\DatabaseStudio\jre\bin\javaw.exe

javaw.exe in your current PATH

That time i installed jre 6.0 and set path system variable, then it responsed different error message.

How can i achieve to run database studio properly?

Thanks.